Location: Southern Sudan
Last Date: November 30,
• Degree or two years experience in Public Health
• Clinical expertise in tropical medicine
• Experienced medical doctor or nurse
• 2 years of experience in managing programmes in international public health work.
• Very good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and web based medical searches.
• Able to work independently as well as being a strong team player.
• Diplomatic and sensitive to cross cultural issues.
• Open minded, self controlled, self learner and flexible
• Capacity to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Good negotiation skills
Medair standard working requirements
• Minimum 12 months professional experience in a relevant field
• Minimum 3 months overseas work experience
• Committed Christians
• Adherence to Medair values
• Between 25 – 55 years old
• Single or married – without children
• No dependent children
• Minimum time commitment of 1 year
• Strong English communication skills (oral and written)
• Familiar with Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Able to live and work with a multicultural team under difficult conditions
• Strong character traits, including emotional stability, adaptability, team player, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity, honesty, and accountability
• Physically fit
• Motivated by a spirit of service
• Successful completion of Medair Relief/Rehabilitation Orientation Course (ROC)