Location: Sudan (El Fasher, Darfur)
Closing date: 12 April
The International Rescue Committee currently seeks a Health Coordinator for its Sudan program, based in El Fasher, Darfur with frequent travel to the programme sites in El Fasher, Nyala and Kass.
The Health Coordinator, West Sudan is responsible for providing overall technical support and guidance to the Field Coordinators and Health Managers in the implementation of the Health program across West Sudan (Darfur).
Job Requirements/Experience Required:
- Medical Doctor with an advanced degree in Public Health.
- Minimum five years in developing, management/coordinating health programs in developing countries and or refugee settings.
- Experience supervising national and international staff in an insecure complex emergency setting.
- Strong management, assessment, project planning, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Previous experience in designing and managing a staff capacity building program
- Competent in Windows, MS office programs, email and database experience.
- Preferred experience working with HF radios (CODAN), VHF radios, satellite telephone and fax.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written.
- Arabic language skills a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure in an unstable security environment.
Additional qualities a successful candidate should possess
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to handle pressure well
- Ability to improvise
To apply please go online to International Rescue Committee and click 'jobs' under the Sudan program