Serving Africans around the world.
October 2006, ISSUE #007.
1. Masters and PhD Scholarships, Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD)
The Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD) is a scholarship organization of the German Catholic Church that provides financial and civic educational support for high potential postgraduate scholars from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe. Click here for details.
2. MSc Research-Studentship in Aquatic Ecophysiology
A committed and motivated researcher is sought for an EPA funded project entitled “A novel, green technology for environmental remediation of chloro-aromatic contaminants”. Click here for details.
3. Clarendon Fund - Oxford University UK
These awards are open to students entering a new course of study at Oxford in October 2007 who are liable to pay fees at the overseas rate. Click here for details.
4. MSc Scholarship in Science and Technology
The MSc Scholarship in Science and Technology is administered for Islamic Development Bank’s (IDB) Least Developed Member Countries. Click here for details.
5. International Poetry Prize, Poet's Letter Beowulf Poetry Prize
Full-length poetry collections are sought for 1st prize of 10,000 Euros, print and online publication. Deadline; Jul 31, 2007 Click here for details.
6. International Humor Poetry Contest
International Humor Poetry Contest Prize pool of $3,336.40 in cash. The winner and honorable mentions will be announced in our free email newsletter and on WinningWriters.com on August 15 2007. Deadline; Apr 01, 2007 Click here for details.
7. PhD Cryptographic Protocols for Multiparty Applications
This PhD position is intended to strengthen our research in group based cryptography. Applicants should have excellent knowledge in modern cryptography and good knowledge in at least one of the... Closing date: October 24th, 2006 Click here for details.
8. PhD Positions in Mass Spectrometry - Switzerland
The Mass Spectrometry Laboratory at the Department of Chemical Sciences and Engineering at Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland, has been recently created with the goal to conduct fundamental and applied research in the area of biochemistry, analytical chemistry and biophysics with ultra-high performance mass spectrometry (including FT-ICR MS). Currently, we are inviting applications for 3 Ph.D. student positions.
9. PhD Studentship Aircraft Multidisciplinary Design
Cranfield is the largest academic centre for postgraduate studies in science and technology in Western Europe. Focused on developing applied research to meet the demands of industry, Cranfield is ranked among the very best and attracts far more industrial funding than its peers.
10. PhD studentship in Medical Physics/Engineering
We seek an enthusiastic individual with an interest in medical imaging to join a 3-year, EPSRC-funded project in magnetic induction tomography. Closing Date: 27 October 2006 Click here for details.
11. International Photographic Project Grants
The Aftermath Project is seeking photographers worldwide for grants to fund long-term photographic projects documenting the rebuilding that follows a conflict for "Aftermath Project". Deadline Oct 31, 2006 Click here for details.
12. International Open Amateur Photography Contest
The International Library of Photography is now accepting entries for its amateur photography competition. The contest is open to everyone and entry is free. Deadline; Oct 31, 2006 Click here for details.
13. PhDs in Wireless Biomedical Sensor Networks-NTNU
The goal of the project is to develop more basic understanding of, and novel and more efficient (principles) methods for signal processing and communication in wireless biomedical sensor networks. Click here for details.
14. PhD Studentship - Enzyme Technology
Applicants should have a minimum of an upper second class Honours degree (or equivalent) in a biologically or chemically-based subject. Click here for details.
15. PhD Scholarship - Engineering
A three year scholarship, covering fees plus a competitive tax-free stipend, is available for a student to carry out research on computational modelling of the effects of gravity on the evolution of microstructure during metallic alloy solidification. Click here for details.
16. Computing And Informatics PhD Scholarship
The successful candidate will be expected to publish his/her research findings in high quality scientific journals. Click here for details.
17. Research Scholarship - Practice-led PhD in the Arts
The School of The Arts invites applications for a full time research student bursary in the area of: Screen As Site: Contemporary Screen Technology and Interdisciplinary Practice in The Arts. Click here for details.
18. PhD Scholarships in Computational Biochemistry
Well-qualified graduates are invited to undertake research leading to a PhD in the area of computational science, specifically applied to biomolecular and pharmaceutical modelling. Closing date: 31st October, 2006 Click here for details.
19. PhD Studentship in New Generation of Solar Cells
The PhD student will investigate energy band structures of superlattices without and with the absorbers using first principles molecular dynamics as well as the GW method. Application deadline: Nov 01 (Wed), 2006 Click here for details.
20. Civil and Environmental Engineering PhD Scholarships - Ireland
Candidates should submit a letter outlining their suitability for the position, a one-page summary of how they would approach the research... Closing Date: October 13th, 2006.
Click here for details.
B. Upcoming deadlines
1. Master in Insurance and Risk Management - Italy
1. Master in Insurance and Risk Management - Italy- Closing date 30/10/2006
2. John Bicknell Research Scholarship - Australia
2. John Bicknell Research Scholarship - Australia- Closing date 30/10/2006
3. Theodora Bosanquet Bursary - UK
3. Theodora Bosanquet Bursary - UK- Closing date 31/10/2006
4. Graduate Scholarship for Non-Japanese Women to Study in Japan
4. Graduate Scholarship for Non-Japanese Women to Study in Japan- Closing date 31/10/2006
5. Spencer Foundation Dissertation Fellowships
5. Spencer Foundation Dissertation Fellowships-Closing date 01/11/2006
6. International Dissertation Research Fellowships
6. International Dissertation Research Fellowships- Closing date 01/11/2006
7. Print and Graphics Scholarship Foundation
7. Print and Graphics Scholarship Foundation- Closing date 01/11/2006
8. Amelia Earhart Fellowship Program
8. Amelia Earhart Fellowship Program- Closing date 15/11/2006
9. British Chevening Scholarships
9. British Chevening Scholarships- Applications & Closing date - November.
C. Jobs and Internships
Scholarships in Australia » Scholarships in Austria » Scholarships in Belgium » Scholarships in Canada » Scholarships in Germany » Scholarships in Italy » Scholarships in Japan » Scholarships in Korea » Scholarships in Netherlands » Scholarships in UK » Scholarships in USA