Serving Africans around the world.
February 12 2007, ISSUE #025.
1. Young Women in Public Affairs Awards
Applications are invited for Young Women in Public Affairs Awards. Young women students at are eligible to apply for awards of upto US $ 1,000. Click here for details.
2. Davis and Lyons Bursaries in Music - City University, London
Applications are invited for Davis and Lyons Bursaries in Music at City University , London . These bursaries are open to all overseas, full-time and part-time students beginning any postgraduate programme in Music at City University. Click here for details.
3. International Undergraduate Scholarships at University of Bristol, UK
International Undergraduate Scholarships at University of Bristol are available, up to a maximum of £2,000 per year of study, for high-achieving undergraduate students (overseas fee payers). Click here for details.
4. International Postgraduate Scholarships at University of Bristol - Taught Master's programmes only
Applications are invited for International Postgraduate Scholarships at University of Bristol. The deadline for the applications is 30th June 2007. Click here for details.
5. Masters and Doctoral Scholarships at Ritsumeikan University - Japan
Applications are invited for Masters and Doctoral Scholarships at Ritsumeikan University , Japan . Applicants must be graduate students who will newly enter Japan for the purpose of study. Click here for details.
6. Masters in Bioscience Enterprise Scholarships
Applications are invited for Masters in Bioscience Enterprise Scholarships, University of Cambridge , UK . Applicants from non-EU countries are invited to apply for places on the course and various funding organisations can be approached for support. Click here for details.
7. MSc Scholarships in Communications Systems and Signal Processing - University of Bristol, UK
The Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering has a number of scholarships available to overseas students from non-EU countries on the course. Entry requirements include at least an upper second class bachelors degree (or international equivalent) in a physical sciences or engineering discipline. Click here for details.
8. MA Scholarships at University of Hull
University of Hull is offering 10 Bicentenary MA Scholarships which will cover fees on any one of the 3 programmes associated with the Wilberforce Institute for the study of Slavery and Emancipation. Click here for details.
9. University of Strathclyde Business School Scholarships
Applications are invited for full-time research studentships comprising tuitions fees and £12,600 for maintenance tenable from June 2007 onwards for up to three years. Click here for details.
10. Doctoral Studentships at Lancaster University Management School
The Department of Management Science is looking to recruit excellent doctoral students with a strong quantitative background including mathematics, statistics or computing. Click here for details.
11. PhD Scholarships in Social Sciences & Media and Communication - Queen Margaret University, UK
Queen Margaret University is making funds available for up to 8 PhD studentships. Successful applicants will have all fees waived for three years and will receive support with living costs. Click here for details.
12. PhD Bursaries in Finance, Management or Actuarial Science & Insurance - City University, London.
City University is offering four doctoral bursaries for MPhil/PhD study to cover full tuition fees and a maintenance grant of £14,300 per annum (payable monthly), over three years with effect from 1 October 2007. Applicants should be able to demonstrate strong research potential in any area of Finance, Management or Actuarial Science & Insurance. Click here for details.
13. MRes and PhD Studentships in Chemical Biology - Imperial College London
Imperial College London is seeking 9 postgraduate students starting in October 2007 to work on a series of related problems in quantitative chemical/molecular biology. Click here for details.
14. PhD and MS Fellowships in Chemistry - Pohang University, Korea
Applications are invited for Ph.D & MS studentships in the broad fields of Theoretical/Computational Chemistry, Computer-aided Synthetic organic chemistry (experiments), Nano-chemistry. Click here for details.
15. PhD Positions in Bio-Electrochemistry or Electrocatalysis - University of Bordeaux I, France
Applications are invited for PhD Positions in Bio-Electrochemistry or Electrocatalysis at University of Bordeaux I, France. Click here for details.
16. PhD Researchers in Nanostructured Materials for Hydrogen Storage - Utrecht University, Netherlands
Utrecht University, Netherlands is looking for excellent and enthusiastic researchers holding an MSc in Chemistry or Material Science. Click here for details.
17. PhD Studentship in Plant Ecology - Leibniz University, Hannover, Germany
The Department of Environmental Planning, Section of Landscape Planning and Nature Conservation at the Faculty of Architecture and Landscape Science Leibniz University invites applications for the position of a Research and Teaching Assistant. Click here for details.
18. Ph.D Graduate Assistantship in the Study of Environmental Factors Affecting Foraging Success of Age-0 Yellow Perch
A PhD level graduate position is available in The Department of Environmental Sciences at the University of Toledo as part of a study of environmental factors affecting foraging success of age-0 yellow perch. Click here for details.
19. PhD Scholarship in Optical Shape Measurement Technology For Aerospace Applications - sponsored by Airbus UK
The ideal candidate will hold, or be expecting, a 1st class or 2:1 honours degree in an engineering, mathematical or physical science subject. Click here for details.
20. PhD Scholarships at University of Hull (Criminology, English, Law, History, Politics & International Studies)
The Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences at the University of Hull is pleased to offer 8 full PhD studentships in Criminology, English, Law, History, Politics & International Studies beginning September 2007. Scholarships will cover fees and provide an annual stipend of £10,000 for three years. Click here for details.
21. PhD studentship in the Corrosion and Protection Centre, University of Manchester
Applicants are invited for a PhD studentship in the Corrosion and Protection Centre at The University of Manchester to develop a model of the growth of anodic films using numerical techniques such as the Finite Element Method. Click here for details.
22. Postdoctoral Position in Diabetes and Obesity Research
Feinberg School of Medicine is seeking a candidate for a post-doctoral position in a groundbreaking area of diabetes research. Click here for details.
23. Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Humanities - Northwestern University, USA
The Alice Kaplan Institute for the Humanities at Northwestern University will accept applications for two-year postdoctoral fellowships commencing September 1, 2007. Click here for details.
24. Postdoc Research Fellow at CSL/CIISE - Concordia University, Canada
The Computer Security Laboratory of the Concordia Institute for Information Systems Engineering invites applications for a one-year post-doctoral position in computer security renewable up to two times, starting as soon as possible and subject to performance reviews. Click here for details.
B. Upcoming deadlines
Scholarships in Australia » Scholarships in Austria » Scholarships in Belgium » Scholarships in Canada » Scholarships in Germany » Scholarships in Italy » Scholarships in Japan » Scholarships in Korea » Scholarships in Netherlands » Scholarships in UK » Scholarships in USA