Closing date: 21 July
Competencies and Critical Success Factors
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP's mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Encourages office staff to share knowledge and contribute to UNDP Practice Areas
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized activities related to contract, asset and procurement management, including organization and conduct of procurement processes, implementation of contract and sourcing strategies, reporting, control of assets
- Sound knowledge of financial rules and regulations
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system.
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change
- Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view
Secondary Education with specialized training in procurement. University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
5 to 7 years of progressively responsible administrative experience is required at the national or international level.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), advance knowledge of automated procurement systems, experience in handling of web based management systems.
Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Please send your curriculum vitae, marked “Procurement Associate” by 21st July to:
The Deputy Country Director (Operations),
United Nations Development Programme - Somalia,
P.O. Box 28832, Nairobi, Kenya,
Fax: 254-2 4183641,
UNDP will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.