Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for candidates from least developed and lower-middle-income Commonwealth countries, for full-time Master’s study on selected courses, jointly supported by UK universities.
Funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) Commonwealth Shared Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
These scholarships are offered under six CSC development themes:
1. Science and technology for development
2. Strengthening health systems and capacity
3. Promoting global prosperity
4. Strengthening global peace, security and governance
5. Strengthening resilience and response to crises
6. Access, inclusion and opportunity
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
Shared Scholarships are jointly funded by the CSC and participating UK universities.
Each scholarship provides:
• Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependents, nor the cost of journeys made before your award is confirmed) – arranged by the university; funded by the CSC • Approved tuition fees – funded by the CSC • Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,116 per month, or £1,369 per month for those studying at universities in the London metropolitan area – paid and funded by the university • Warm clothing allowance, where applicable – paid and funded by the university • Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable – claimed from and paid by the university; funded by the CSC • Study travel grant towards the costs of study-related travel within the UK or overseas – claimed from and paid by the university; funded by the CSC • Excess baggage allowance, up to an annual approved limit, when returning home – claimed from and paid by the university; funded by the CSC • Reimbursement of the cost of a mandatory tuberculosis (TB) test, where required for a visa application (receipts must be supplied) – claimed from and paid by the university; funded by the CSC • If you are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance of £478 per month for the first child, and £118 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK.
Each participating UK University will conduct its own recruitment process to select a specified number of candidates to be awarded Commonwealth Shared Scholarships.
Universities must put forward their selected candidates to the CSC in May. The CSC will then confirm that these candidates meet the eligibility criteria for this scheme. Universities will inform candidates of their results in July.
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:
How to apply
You must check with your chosen university for their specific advice on when to apply, admission requirements, and rules for applying.
The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system.
Apply by 9th April.
For more information and application details, see; Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
Scholarships for Study in Africa » Scholarships for African Students » Undergraduate Scholarships » African Women Scholarships & Grants » Developing Countries Scholarships » Engineering Scholarships » Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Developing Countries » Fellowship Programs » Funding Grants for NGOs » Government Scholarships » LLM Scholarships » MBA Scholarships » PhD and Masters by Research Scholarships » Public Health Scholarships - MPH Scholarships » Refugees Scholarships » Research Grants » Scholarships and Grants
Scholarships in Australia » Scholarships in Austria » Scholarships in Belgium » Scholarships in Canada » Scholarships in Germany » Scholarships in Ireland » Scholarships in Italy » Scholarships in Japan » Scholarships in Korea » Scholarships in Netherlands » Scholarships in Switzerland » Scholarships in UK » Scholarships in USA
Short Stories for Kids - Moral Stories – English Short Stories for Children - Moral Stories for Kids - Stories for Kids - Funny Story for Kids - Scary Stories for Kids - Really Funny Short Stories - Bedtime Stories Proverb Stories Powerful Motivational Quotes for Students » Success Quotes » English Short Stories for Kids
Cabin Crew Jobs & Career Advice » Secretary Job Description » Receptionist Job Description » Top 100 Interview Questions and Answers » How to Prepare for an Interview » How to Write a CV » How to Choose a Career » Computer Shortcut Keys and their Functions