Last Date: January 25th
UNDP Kampala is looking for a suitably qualified candidate to fill the post of Program Specialist.
Qualifications and competencies:
· At least 5 years work experience and knowledge of
(a) general development issues in post-conflict settings;
(b) project management, capacity development and administration
(c) managing multi-stakeholder programme development processes including coordination, developing working partnerships and learning processes;
(d) working in an international development agency. · Advanced university degree in Social Science, International Relations, Development and Policy Studies, Political Science or other development related areas or equivalency.
· Experience in developing capacity in post-conflict countries;
· Solid understanding of mine action and development concepts, and related practices, in both post-conflict and development settings in Africa,
· Prior work experience in Uganda a nd knowledge of the Northern Uganda conflict and recovery context will be an asset.
· Works effectively in a delicate and complex environment;
· Able to handle confidential and politically sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner;
· Capacity to build strong and enduring alliances and partnerships at all levels;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Proven ability to direct and manage teams/organizations, involving development of longterm strategies, mobilization of resources, programme integration and decentralization; and
· Very good computer skills.
Submission of applications:
The detailed description of duties and responsibilities and the detailed Terms of Reference is available at the Country Office Website www.undp.or.ug/ and interested candidates are strongly advised to visit the website for further information.
The Resident Representative
United Nations Development Programme
15B Clement Hill Road,
P.O. BOX 7184,
Kampala – Uganda
Applications can be e-mailed to registry.ug[at]undp.org, quoting the positions reference: 00050470UGA/08/002/GEN
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is 25 January at 12.00pm (East Africa Time).
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.