Country Representative, Ethiopia
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Minimum Required Knowledge and Experience:
1. Five years of international development experience including proven ability to design, manage and evaluate development projects.
Experience in reporting to and liaising with a range of funding agencies (bilateral, multilateral, private, etc.) is considered an asset.
2. Three years of overseas program management experience with an international development agency which includes program, staff and budget management, preferably in Africa.
Work experience in emergency-prone / conflict-affected regions is considered an asset.
3. Strong analytical understanding of development issues as indicated by post-graduate education or equivalent professional experience, including training and work experience on gender issues.
Training and/or work experience on rural livelihoods and humanitarian responses are also strong assets.
4. Excellent written and spoken English and demonstrated ability to prepare documents and presentations that exhibit strong analytical ability.
Experience in writing project/program reports an asset.
5. Demonstrated skills in the preparation, monitoring and management of budgets.
6. Demonstrated capacity in staff management and office administration.
7. Ability to be self-directed and to work collaboratively with colleagues, partners and counterparts in a complex and often demanding environment.
8. Ability to meet multiple demands and tasks, often competing in priority.
How to Apply:
Send applications to the following address using one method of application only:
400 ¡V 250 City Centre Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1R 6K7
Fax: (613) 237-0524
For more information, please visit: www.oxfam.ca