The RIO will provide timely information on CRS activities to HQ staff, U.S. correspondents in the region and U.S.-based news outlets during times of emergency and heightened media coverage.
1. Self-motivated, proactive.
2. Strong research and analytical skills.
3. Ability to meet deadlines.
4. Strong representational skills.
5. Team player.
6. Ability to work in harsh and challenging environments.
1. Masters degree in journalism/communications preferable.
2. 5 – 7 years work experience in journalism, communications and public/media relations.
3. Solid understanding of U.S. media and U.S. audience.
4. Experience working with international non-governmental organizations.
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
6. Overseas work experience, preferably in the developing world.
7. Ability and willingness to travel up to 30%.
For more information and application, see: Regional Information Officer, East and Southern Africa and Regional Information Officer, East and Southern Africa