This position is located in Senegal.
Location: Senegal (Dakar Regional Office)
Closing date: 06 July
- Advanced university degree in water supply, sanitation and or institutional development or similarly relevant discipline
- Ten-Thirteen years of progressively responsible work experience in the planning and management of water, sanitation and hygiene sector work and /or programmes, including relevant experience in developing countries and complex emergencies.
- Knowledge and experience of current developments in the fields of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH).
- Proven skills in programme management, innovation, communication, networking, advocacy and influence, proposal writing, negotiation and fund leverage.
- Ability to assess, organize and implement capacity development, training, including development of strategy, delivery approaches and curricula.
- Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
- Competencies required: Analytical and conceptual thinking, Managing resources, Team leadership/Teamwork, Leading vision and change, Strategic and global thinking, Judgement, Building trust
- Fluency in French and English required. Knowledge of the working local language(s) in the duty station is an asset.
UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff.
Well qualified candidates, particularly females are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, send a detailed curriculum vitae in English, AND a duly completed United Nations Personal History form (available at http://www.unicef.org/employ), quoting VN-07-207 to: email@example.com
Only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.