Advanced university degree in an area of environmental science or a first university degree with relevant combination of professional and academic qualifications. Specialised training in environmental assessment and early warning or science writing and editing.
Experience of contractual procedures within the UN system and of publishing processes in general an advantage.
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. (Charter of the United Nations - Chapter 3, article 8).
The United Nations Secretariat is a Non-Smoking Environment. English and French are the two official working languages of the United Nations.
UNEP,UNHABITAT and UNON do not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. If you have any questions concerning persons or companies claiming to be recruiting on behalf of these offices and requesting the payment of a fee please contact:
either Recruitment @unon.org or Tel.+254-20-7623550
ONLY applications to specific VAs will be considered, general applications should not be sent.
How to apply:
Online - If you consider applying for job opportunities in the United Nations online now or in the future you have to register with us.
1. All internal and external applicants should apply online as early as possible after the vacancy has been posted, and well before the deadline. All online applications will be acknowledged immediately, if an email address is provided.
2. To start the online application process, applicants will be required to register by opening a "My UN" account. Go to http://www.jobs.un.org or http://myun.un.org (for internal applicants). Fill in the form and choose a User Name and Password.
3. If you had previously registered, then login by typing in your username and password.
4. After opening the account, applicants may apply for vacancies using the Personal History Profile (PHP) provided. Once the PHP has been completed for a particular vacancy, it can be saved and used for future applications. The PHP may be modified as necessary for future applications.
5. In completing the PHP, please note that all fields marked with an asterisk must be completed.
6. For UN staff members, after submission of an application, they will receive an email reminding them to provide copies of their last two Performance Appraisal System evaluations to the appropriate office. These copies may be submitted by email, fax or regular mail with a clear indication of the vacancy announcement number.
7. Once an application has been submitted, it will be transmitted to the appropriate office for review.
* Please see the Frequently Asked Questions, if you encounter problems when applying.
For more; Jobs in Africa » Jobs Africa » Careers in Africa
List includes: NGO Jobs, international jobs, development jobs, relief jobs, international humanitarian jobs, international vacancies, international development, ngo jobs africa, ngo list, jobs vacancies, jobs opportunities, opportunity jobs, international non profit jobs.