Location: Congo (Democratic Republic of the)
Closing date: 31 Dec
- Preferred Masters degree in Public Health, health services administration/management or similar related public health field;
- MD an advantage;
- At least three years experience in implementing and managing rural primary health programs at district/provincial level in developing countries (experience in African context preferred);
- Experience in the provision of technical assistance in primary health care / health system management to MOH at provincial/district/county level;
- Candidate must be fluent in French and be capable of writing technical reports in both English and French;
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with local partners;
- Strong management, project planning, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Ability to write clear and concise reports and project proposals;
- Previous budget oversight responsibilities;
- Strong computer skills;
- Preferred experience in working with HF radios (CODAN), VHF radios, satellite telephone and fax and standard office equipment.
- Ability to work well in unstable security environments, and under intense administrative and programmatic pressures.
Must demonstrate flexibility to adapt to changing requirements;
- Must be willing to endure basic living conditions at field sites;
- Must be willing to travel often to support remote sites;
- Applicant should have a wide range of skills and interests;
- Must be able to work independently while being a team player.
All applications must be completed on line at; Primary Health Care Advisor, International Rescue Committee .
Please be sure to indicate how you became aware of this vacancy.
Please note that IRC does not set closing dates/deadline dates for applications, recruitment is ongoing until the position is filled.
The IRC reviews all applications and you will be contacted directly if you are selected as a candidate.