GOAL has been implementing programmes in Malawi since 2002. In 2011 GOAL implemented programs in HIV, water and sanitation, livelihoods/food security and disaster management in Nsanje district. GOAL Malawi has its main office in Nsanje town, a liaison office in the capital city of Lilongwe, which houses the Country Director, as well as a logistics base in Blantyre.
The Head of Programmes is a member of GOAL Malawi’s senior management team and has overall responsibility for:
The oversight of GOAL’s office in Nsanje.
The role encompasses programme planning, proposal writing, reporting, and programme monitoring, evaluation, capacity building, as well as coordination with relevant National and District level authorities, UN agencies and other NGOs. The role will be based in Nsanje, with frequent travel to Blantyre and Lilongwe.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
• Ensure all GOAL Malawi programmes are implemented to high quality standards which are in line with GOAL Malawi’s Country Strategy, relevant donor requirements, international best practice and the Codes of Conduct and agreements to which GOAL is a signatory.
• Prepare project and program proposals in accordance with donor tender documentation and requirements.
• Oversee donor and internal reporting in regard to programmes.
• Support the development and utilization of appropriate M&E and programme management tools and systems.
• Develop and implement internal mechanisms for institutional learning and programme integration.
• Improve the quality of programming through support supervision of key staff, analysis and dissemination of M&E data and lessons learned, and the review of GOAL and other best practice guidelines; • Represent GOAL Malawi in meetings with donors, coordination bodies and Government representatives, as required.
• Travel frequently to all areas of operation to monitor implementation and ensure that beneficiaries, local authorities, and local staff are represented in program planning and evaluation.
• Regularly and accurately report the status and progress of GOAL Malawi programmes to the Country Director.
• Develop and operationalise mechanisms to measure effectiveness and impact of IEC and BCC materials. Strategy.
• Review and define key priority areas for GOAL Malawi, based on an analysis of GOAL strengths, strategic direction and donor environment.
• Develop a donor strategy establishing donor opportunities, their fit with GOAL capabilities and priorities for development of key donors.
• Develop, review, and/or revise the strategic plans for each of GOAL Malawi’s priority sectors to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, quality assurance and continual improvement throughout the Country Programme;Facilitate the mainstreaming of gender, HIV/AIDS, environment and disaster risk reduction into all projects and activities.
• Facilitate and manage a programmatic shift from direct implementation toward working in partnership with local NGOs and government authorities (where appropriate and possible). Personnel.
Requirements For The Position:
• A minimum of four years overseas experience with development programmes at a senior management level;
• Masters Degree in International Development, , or other relevant discipline;
• Experience managing projects and programmes funded by major institutional donors and agencies such as the EC, the UN, DFID, USAID and Irish Aid.
• Strong demonstrable experience in all aspects of project management including project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, financial management and the design/utilization of appropriate project management tools, and the capacity to transfer this experience to others;
• Excellent interpersonal, motivational and management skills with extensive experience mentoring staff;
• Exceptional communication, analysis and writing skills;
• Strong experience liaising with governmental/local authorities and other NGOs.
• Technical background in one or more of GOAL Malawi’s areas of operation; This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
If you would like to apply for the above position, please send your CV and covering letter to applications [at] goal.ie, ensuring that the job title and location of the role are clearly stated in the subject line of your email. Thank you.
For more vacancies, job postings, see: Jobs in Africa » Jobs Africa » Careers in Africa
List includes: NGO Jobs, international jobs, development jobs, relief jobs, international humanitarian jobs, international vacancies, international development, ngo jobs africa, ngo list, jobs vacancies, jobs opportunities, opportunity jobs, international non profit jobs.