Closing date: 30 June
Raising Voices, Uganda is seeking a creative, experienced, skilled and totally committed graphic designer for a field-based internship of at least 5 months (August – December).
The ideal person is obsessed with design, wants to use their design skills for social justice and, has a high level of technical skill and experience.
- Must have at least 3 years in on-the-job experience of design for print materials
- Expertise in relevant design packages (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Skilled at layout
- Willing to work creatively within Raising Voices existing style
- Experience in designing a variety of communication materials and publications
- Results oriented
- Interest in women and children’s rights
- Ability to work in team environment
- Committed, motivated, hard working, detail oriented
- Web skills a plus!
Raising Voices will cover costs of economy round-trip airfare, housing and modest stipend.
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) cover letter
3) contact information of 2 references
4) portfolio samples or link to web-based portfolio (do not send anything over 1mb – slow internet connection!)