Programme Period: 12 months (subject to funding)
Start date: ASAP
Reports to: Country Director
Support provided by Country Management Team (Country Director, Country Medical Coordinator).
The Country Water/Sanitation Coordinator will form part of the Senior Management Team.
Salary £13,920- £16,800 per annum - dependent on relevant experience.
Plus an Annual cost of living allowance of £3717 insurance cover, accommodation and return flights.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer this post before the closing date.
This is an unaccompanied position.
• Extensive previous experience of rural water & sanitation projects in developing countries
• Previous experience within the humanitarian/ development sector
• Knowledge on water quality analysis.
• Excellent communication skills, Spoken and written English is essential,
• Excellent management and personnel skills.
• Ability and flexibility to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with the local authorities.
• Ability to travel to rural areas and live under basic living conditions
• Strong organisational/ management skills, to include programme and finance management and team-building skills
• Computer literate – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access. Engineering software, such as, Autocad
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Capacity to write quality reports and proposals for a variety of Donors, to include, USAID, DFID, EU, etc
• Previous experience of working in Africa
• Oromia, Somali and/or Amharic is an advantage
Please download an application form from our website www.merlin.org. uk
Completed applications should be emailed to applications@ merlin-uk. org
stating in the subject field the job title, country, and reference number (if any)