Country Director at Voluntary Service Overseas, Cameroon
Employer: Voluntary Service Overseas
Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
Deadline: February 14, 2008
The selected candidate will be based in the VSO Programme Office in Yaoundé.
The role of the Country Director is to provide strategic leadership to the Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) Programme Office team to maximise the effectiveness and impact of VSO’s contribution in combating poverty and disadvantage.
The Country Director ensures efficient functioning of the Programme Office with appropriate professional, personal and practical support to staff and volunteers.
He/she represents VSO to its partners, the Government and contacts in Cameroon.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• MBA or Equivalent and a Bachelor degree in the Social Sciences
• Minimum 7 years experience in managing social development initiatives
• 3 years experience in a Senior Management position in the NGO sector
• Bilingual French / English
• Significant experience in Strategic planning and organisational development
• Sector knowledge in Health, Local Governance and Education would be an asset
Interested candidates should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a letter of motivation to the following Electronic Mail address not later than Thursday 14 February 2008: vsocameroun[at]yahoo.ca.
The letter of motivation should explain why you are interested in the position and what makes you a strong candidate for the position.
Also indicate your actual place of residence and complete contact address.