Country Director, Helen Keller International, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
This position is based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
The CD reports to
the Deputy Regional Director for East, Central and Southern Africa and
closely collaborates with the HKI Africa Regional Office and
headquarters finance and program staff.
- Minimum Masters degree in public health, nutrition, development,
management or related field, with strong preference given to doctoral
- Five (5) years demonstrated experience in program development,
implementation and evaluation, included strong background in nutrition
- Demonstrated capacity to mobilize program funding including donor
cultivation and grants writing
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff and other administrative and
financial activities in developing country programs
- Experience in managing USAID projects and familiarity with USAID
policies and regulations
- Experience in data analysis and interpretation is highly desirable
- Excellent oral and written English language skills, including the
ability to quickly synthesize complex technical and programmatic
issues into concise communications
- Demonstrated ability to undertake high-level representation and
How to Apply: The initial contract is for two years with possibility
of renewal depending on funding.
Interested candidates should submit:
(1) cover letter;
(2) current curriculum vitae in English;
(3) a short
writing sample (2-3 pages) in English, to Ms. Dora Panagides (Deputy
Regional Director, East Central and Southern Africa)
email@example.com, with a copy to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note CD TANZANIA in the header.
All correspondence should
include physical and e-mail addresses as well as contact telephone
E-mail applications are preferred.
The application deadline is April 20.
HKI appreciates the
interest of all applicants.
However, due to the
volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will