Third level education in appropriate field
Additional training or qualification in development issues or technical areas such as, strategic programme development and management, organisational/institutional development, community development, etc.
At least five years (overseas) experience in similar or related senior management position
– including HR and financial management in an NGO environment.
- Experience of programme development, management and participatory planning methodologies.
- Experience of staff management and development including managing teams based in multiple locations.
- Understanding and proven application of Rights Based Approach, partnership, and gender to development programmes.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people
- Ability to organize and plan effectively.
- Work experience in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably Angola.
- Special Skills, Aptitude or Personality Requirements:
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage change effectively.
- Strong team building and networking skills Delegation, time management and prioritising skills and coping with broad range of demands.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a multi-cultural team.
- A sensitive approach to advising and mentoring staff and to dealing with critical issues.
- Dynamic and willing to take initiatives to complete assigned tasks.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the organisation in Angola.
- Excellent English language skills including report writing skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Good security management skills.
- Knowledge of Portuguese language.
Please quote reference CR159 and send an up to date CV with a covering letter explaining how your background and experience match what is being requested in the person specification and sent to: applications[at]skillsforcauses.com