Sub-Office Operations Officer, UNOPS, Sudan
Sub-Office Operations Officer (P3* - ALD Equivalent)
Vacancy Number: 2007/NAO/SUD/ MAU/03_R
Duty Station: One of the UNMAO Sub-Offices in Sudan (initial 6 months contract with possible extension)
Deadline for Applications: Mar 23.
Fax: (212) 457 4001
• Advanced university degree (Masters Degree or equivalent)
in business administration, project management or related field or
senior staff qualification; or first level university degree or
military/police college or junior command and staff course combined
with relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced
• At least 7 years experience in operations management of
mine action operations (military or humanitarian mine action), with at
least 4 years proven and applicable experience in management of
operations on senior management level in humanitarian Mine Action
• Formal tertiary education or staff college qualification
courses will be an asset.
• Proven experience in the operational management of a large
demining project particularly with regard to the integration of
manual, mechanical and EDD assets.
• Experience with the QA and QC process with regard to
humanitarian Mine Action
• EOD qualifications an advantage
• Driving license.
Competencies and Skills:
• A clear understanding of the interactions between the
pillars and implementing partners involved in a humanitarian mine
• Professional knowledge of demining and explosives ordnance
• A solid understanding of counter-mine measures/demining,
or UXO clearance operations and related practices.
• Knowledge of the International Mine Action Standards is
• Proven team building and leadership skills.
• Strong planning and organising skills
• Strong analytical ability.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Knowledge of the UN system and UNOPS procedures is an asset.
• Computer literacy, in particular, experience of using MS
Office and IMSMA.
• Physically fit and in good health.
• Strong ability working in a multicultural environment.
• Strong judgment and decision making ability
• Self reliant and able to work independently under severe
Language Requirements: Fluency in spoken and written English,
knowledge of Arabic an advantage.
Submission of Applications
Qualified candidates may submit their application, including a letter
of interest, complete Curriculum Vitae and an updated United Nations
Personal History Form (P.11), via e-mail to [email protected]
indicate the vacancy number and the post title when applying (in the
subject line by e-mail).
- Applications received after the closing date will not be
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews
will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a selected candidate
at a level below the advertised level of the post.
* This grade is indicative only. The final grade will be determined at
the time of recruitment according to the candidate's qualifications
For more information on UNOPS, including its core values and
competencies, please visit the UNOPS website at www.unops.org