The selected candidate will be expected to provide dynamic, innovative and versatile leadership and management of the Institute, including high level academic and professional leadership in all aspects of teaching and research.
In addition, he/she will provide intellectual support to a comprehensive programme of outreach activities involving conferences, workshops, seminars, retreats and related activities, organised for particular groups and in collaboration with network partner institutions.
• Preferably a Doctorate in the field of Peace, Leadership and Governance or relevant field
• Proven experience in leadership and management positions in tertiary and higher education, or in national and international development or equivalent capacity
• Ability to initiate and conduct research
• Ability to oversee academic programmes and carry out programme reviews
• Ability to conduct negotiations with funding agencies
• Ability to design, manage and supervise externally funded projects
• Good human relations and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and commitment to diversity
• Ability to prepare and manage programmes and project budgets
• Commitment to promote the vision, mission and strategic goals of IPLG and pan-African policies of Africa University.
• Demonstrate very high ethical leadership and management skills.
• Demonstrate moral integrity by modelling Africa University’s Christian values and ethical standards.
• Mature personality, capable of handling sensitive issues and working with public and private institutions and organisation.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills: analytical, solution oriented and creative skills.
• Computer literacy skills.
Remuneration and Benefits:
• Salary is negotiable on basis of qualification and experience
• Special expatriate allowance
• Housing allowance
• Medical Aid scheme
Duration of appointment:
• Three years, with possibility of extension for further three year term
The following submissions are required:
• 6 copies of a cover letter stating how the applicant meets the requirements of the post and addressing each of the elements of the job requirements and personal specifications
• 6 copies of a full curriculum vitae, including particulars of qualifications, employment history and current salary, and the names and contact details of three referees who may be contacted immediately
• 6 sets of certified academic and professional certificates and degree transcripts
Applications together with CV, 6 copies of certified certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar, Personnel and Administration
P. O. Box 1320
email : arpa[at]africau.ac.zw
Deadline: 10th June
For more information and application, visit: Director - Institute of Peace, Leadership and Governance Website