Application deadline: April 16,
Qualifications and Selection Criteria
Submissions for this consultancy will be assessed against the following criteria:
• passion for women's human rights, including a commitment to African women's autonomy and choice;
• demonstrated understanding of the issues and tasks requested in the ToRs of the consultancy;
• experience in undertaking advocacy-oriented research around reproductive and sexual health and rights;
• knowledge of international and regional instruments relevant to reproductive and sexual health and rights, including the Beijing PFA and the ICPD;
• a degree in a relevant social science with at least five years experience working in the field of advocacy around reproductive and sexual health and rights;
• strong communication skills (good report writing skills and computer literacy);
• capability of the consultant to deliver the research deliverables;
• citizenship of/residency in the researched country.
Work Plan and Indicative Consultancy Schedule
The Consultant will begin work on April 30.
The duration of the consultancy is 20 working days and the Consultant will be expected to submit a work plan covering this period.
The Consultant will be paid at a tariff of USD250/day (30 per cent upon signing a contract for the consultancy with FEMNET, 40% upon submission of the draft report and 30% upon approval of the final report by FEMNET).
The lump sum shall be subjected to a withholding tax as per the requirements of the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
Following the signing of the contract, it may be terminated by either party giving seven days notice in writing.
Applications for this consultancy, including a cover letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae including summaries of recent consultancy contracts, copies of certificates and other supporting documents) must be received no later than April 16,, and should be addressed to:
The African Women's Development and Communication Network (FEMNET)
Off Westlands Road
P O Box 54562
Fax: (254) 20.3742792
Email: admin@femnet. or.ke