The Country MDG Coordinator must possess the following competencies :
• Demonstrates commitment to UNDP's mission, vision and values.
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
• An excellent sense of judgment.
• Creativity and innovation for coordination and management activities;
• Partnering and networking:
- Capacity to initiate and sustain relationships with key constituents;
- Builds and sustains effective partnerships with UN agencies;
- Advocates effectively, engaging others to take action in desired directions;
- Communicates sensitively and effectively across different constituencies;
- Seeks and applies knowledge information and best practices from within and outside the UN Country Team.
• People Skills and Team Working:
- Recognizes and respond appropriately to the ideas, interests and concerns of others.
- Ability to work as a team member, be a good listener, well organized, pay attention to details, and meet deadlines.
- Builds trust and engender morale by displaying open, transparent and credible behavior;
- Respects individual/cultural differences; utilize diversity to foster teamwork;
- Ensures others' understanding of, involvement in, adaptation to a change process;
- Sets clear performance goals and standards;
- Executes responsibilities accordingly; provide and respond constructively to feedback (correction or recognition);
- Self analyzes performance problems seeking appropriate direction and support;
- Strategic vision: strong technical and analytical capacities, sound judgment. Demonstrated ability to respond quickly to evolving client needs and to manage several complex activities in parallel.
- Relationship building for influence: Must posses the skills to build strategic relationships to influence and impact on tasks functions and deliverables.
- Analytical skills: Must possess skills that enable him/her to separate things into their constituent elements in order to examine them, draw conclusions, or solve problems.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Dependability, reliability and initiative.
- Sense of confidentiality.
Education: • An advanced university degree (Masters or Phd) in public
administration, development planning, economics, political science, or
similar fields of study.
• Good computer, data and web based applications.
• Minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible experience – within national or local governments or multilateral/ bilateral institutions or as a consultant – in carrying out analysis, providing policy advice, designing policy/regulatory/ institutional frameworks and managing capacity development programmes and projects focused on local governance within a Federal system.
• Recent experience in Sub-Saharan Africa will be an asset.
• The candidate should have excellent interpersonal aptitude required for building partnerships across different levels of government and with a broad range of stakeholders. The candidate will also be expected to lead, motivate and manage a team in a demanding but rewarding work environment.
• Ability to benchmark milestones and undertake target achievement assessments in project implementation is a basic requirement.
• Excellent writing and oral skills in English is a fundamental requirement.
Get application details from: [email protected] org