Over 500,000 candidates who sat their KCSE examinations last year will receive their results next Thursday.
Kenya National Examination Council (Knec) Chief Executive Officer Joseph Kivilu said the results will be released on March 3.
This revelation comes a day after the examinations agency admitted to facing a number of challenges in administration of national examinations.
The Knec Strategic Plan (2015-2020) released on Monday acknowledges that examination security in the country is facing serious threats from the emerging trends in technological development.
The document lists forgery of examination certificates, unresponsive organisational structures and political interference as some of the major threats Knec was facing.
The 38-page document further cites weak examination regulations, inappropriate invigilation personnel, and lengthy process of remarking examinations and replacing certificates as Knec’s glaring weaknesses.
Knec has also admitted to various challenges including over-dependence on Government funding, weak internal audit functions, weak technological absorption and adoption and the insecure examination distribution centres.
The 2015 examinations were marred with massive irregularities that threatened to dent credibility of the national tests.
The plan says that the rising number of candidates is likely to affect Knec’s operations in coming years.
It projects a KCPE candidature of about 1.1 million and 856,000 for KCSE by 2020. “This will call for an increase in resources and technological advancement to meet the growing number of candidates,” the plan reads.