Max Weber Fellowships
International Fellowships » Education Grants » Research Fellowships
Max Weber Fellowships: Eligible applicants are invited to submit applications for Max Weber Fellowship Programme (MWP) offered by European Commission.
Fellowship is offered in the field of social sciences and humanities.
The purpose of this program is to combine research and training activities which will enhance the early development of a fruitful academic career.
Eligibility & Criteria-
- Candidates who have received their Ph.D. or officially been accepted for defense by the time of the start of the programme
- Candidates are eligible during the five-year period following the successful completion of their Ph.D.
- Extensions to the five-year rule are allowed for applicants whose academic career has been interrupted for maternity leave, illness or mandatory military service. Cite circumstances in the application in the field 'Additional Notes'. Successful candidates will be asked to provide supporting documents.
- EUI graduates can only apply for Max Weber Fellowships after having been away from the EUI and in a full-time occupation or with another fellowship for at least one year after defending their Ph.D.
- Candidates of all nationalities are eligible for the Max Weber Fellowships.
- Research accomplishments and potential. Research excellence is assessed on the basis of the candidate’s contributions (publications, PhD thesis, etc.) and other supporting evidence (i.e. letters of reference and research plan).
- Academic career interests are assessed on the basis of the CV, the 'Research and a academic career statement' and other supporting evidence (i.e. letters of reference), with the aim of assigning Max Weber Fellowships to those candidates, satisfying the research excellence criteria and committed to an academic career, who can benefit the most from the Max Weber Programme, oriented towards the early stages of the post-doc academic career.
- The capacity and availability of EUI faculty to provide mentorship is taken into account; however, while having common research interests may be helpful, it is not a necessity for mentorship.
Follow the links below for more details and application contacts.
For detailed information about scholarship and application, kindly see: Max Weber Fellowships
More: International Fellowships » Education Grants » Research Fellowships