This two-year Master's Course in Sustainable Tropical Forestry (SUTROFOR) is a top-level programme aimed at preparing qualified graduates to deal with contemporary tropical forestry.
It provides students with direct access to the best tropical forestry teaching in Europe.
The programme is offered by a five university consortium from Denmark, France, Germany, Italy and Wales.
The Course consists of a year of study in one of three institutions (Bangor, Copenhagen, Dresden) followed by a second study year at one of the four other institutions.
Scholarship Application Eligibility Criteria:
1. Minimum requirement is a good first university degree in forestry, biology or related fields, in economics or political science. The degree must be obtained at an acknowledged institution and with above average result.
2. The applicant’s CV will be evaluated. Experience from relevant practice may be an advantage.
3. Non-native speakers must demonstrate proficiency in English as a foreign language, and in French if this is the planned language of specialization.
4. The applicant’s personal statement of motivation must be strongly convincing, indicating maturity, enterprise, receptiveness, openness.
5. Recommendations from two references, of which at least one academic, who know the applicant well, are considered carefully.
In individual cases, the Consortium Commission will decide whether any exceptional circumstances, compensations or alternatives should allow for deviation from one or more of the admission criteria.
Students enrolled in the individual master programmes offered by the partner institutions may also apply to the Master's Course in Sustainable Tropical Forestry (SUTROFOR) Course; the deadline is 1 February as above.
Master's Course in Sustainable Tropical Forestry (SUTROFOR) has a policy of equal opportunities for women and people with special needs.
For more scholarship information and application: Sustainable Tropical Forestry Erasmus Mundus Masters Course Scholarships