Parklands Baptist Church Jobs
3. Procurement & Logistics Officer
Head of Support ServicesDuty Station:
PBC Westlands, NairobiJob summary:
Responsible for overall supervision and coordination of staff and activities of the procurement and logistics unit of the church in Westlands and its branches, ensuring PBC complies with all policy and standards statutory requirements.Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Provide overall supervision and coordination of staff and activities in the procurement and
2. Ensure the proper design and timely functioning of a service and support-oriented procurement
management system for PBC departments and ministries, including procurement, contracting
and logistical support.
3. Ensure that all necessary documents are collected and submitted to the Procurement Committee each time a vetting process is required.
4. Establish, maintain and reinforce a catalogue of procedures governing procurement, contracting
and logistics support activities for the church as per procurement policies and financial guidelines.
5. Establish and maintain centralized records of all aspects associated with procurement and
logistics of PBC to ensure that the highest standards possible are followed.
6. Establish and maintain an internal tracking system that ensures procurement expenditures are
7. Ensure consistent communication, coordination and responsiveness with the procurement
committee, treasurer and other church leadership on the status of procurement, contracting and
8. Implement proper controls and monitoring procedures for procurement and contracting
processes; responsible for ensuring transparency and competitiveness of PBC bids analysis,
bidding and tendering processes.
9. Prepare and conduct Request for Quotations (RFQs), Purchase Requests, Bid Analysis Sheet
(BASs), and review purchase receipts, quotations, bids and proposals, evaluations and negotiations of all goods and services to ensure compliance with PBC procurement regulations.
10. Provide recommendations on pricing, sourcing and specifications relating material, goods and
services for PBC in order to improve quality and value for money.
11. Coordinate annual prequalification of suppliers of goods and services; and create and update a pricing list for most commonly used items for the church.
12. Attend procurement committee meetings, and make recommendations to the church leadership
and management on improvements to the procurement policy and procedures to increase the efficiency of PBC contracting and tendering mechanisms.
13. Ensure effective internal control of assets, inventory and property management in liaison with
the Finance Office.
14. Liaise with BOT and Clerk of Works to develop standard designs for bidding and tendering
processes taking into consideration locally available resources, safety and security concerns.
15. Ensure that all paperwork and procedures are followed for customs and duty exemptions in
coordination with the finance office and the church treasurer.
16. Ensure that all procurement and contracting processes are in full compliance and all activities are up to date with PBC reporting and auditing requirements.
17. Coordinate vehicle movements as well as transportation for all PBC department and ministry
18. Ensure that all Church vehicles are in excellent operating condition and are clean and safe. Maintain individual files on each vehicle documenting repairs and operating costs including fuel and oil consumption, insurance and breakdowns.
19. Monitor vehicle log book, keep track of fuel card use for each car and reconcile with the bills, ensure that drivers are well trained and are up to date with any new Government regulations.
20. Allocate venues for various Church activities and ensure timely provision of furniture and
equipment as requested by authorized users.
21. Supervision of designated staff.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and may change subject to the dynamic needs of the
Church.Minimum requirements:Must be born again, having a personal relationship with Christ and be a regular and active member of a recognized Church congregation of like faith as PBC.
Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, implement and maintain procurement and logistics
operations with high professional standards and integrity.
Excellent judgment and decision making skills.
Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively in a
Ability to lead/coordinate different activities.
Education and work experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/Supply Chain Management or Related field from a recognized
Advanced Diploma in purchasing and Supplies Management or Equivalent.
Must be a CPSP- Kenya (Certified Procurement & Supply Professional).
A recognized and active member of CIPS or KISM.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
Work will be performed in a normal office environment and may be required to travel in executing procurement processes. Working extra hours to meet deadlines and participate in Church meetings. Interaction is with staff members, volunteers, church members and congregants, clients and vendors of PBC and key publics. Sunday is a normal working day.
If you believe you are adequately suited for this role, apply through email@example.com.
Attach your cover letter and detailed CV as one document. Indicate the position you are applying for on the email subject line. Give three referees, one being your spiritual referee/pastor. Clearly indicate if born again, and state your current and expected salary.
Receipt of applications closes at 5:00pm on Friday 25th November 2016.
For more information and job application details, see; Parklands Baptist Church Jobs
More Parklands Baptist Church Jobs at - Page | 1 | 2 |
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!