(1) Undergraduate Scholarships: These scholarships are for foreign students who want to pursue undergraduate studies at universities/colleges in Taiwan.
A stipend of NT$25,000 per month per student will be provided.
(2) Master’s Scholarships: Scholarships in the amount of NT$30,000 per month will be provided for qualified foreign students who want to pursue their master’s degrees at universities/colleges in Taiwan.
(3) Ph.D. Scholarships: Scholarships in the amount of NT$30,000 per month will be provided for qualified foreign students who want to pursue their Ph.D. degrees at universities/colleges in Taiwan.
The afore mentioned scholarships will be under the supervision of the universities/colleges and stipends will be awarded monthly based on the students’ attendance records and academic performance.
Tuition, accommodation, insurance and miscellaneous fees are all included in the scholarships herein stated.
For the scholarships, which are sponsored by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of China (ROC), each student will be provided with a stipend of NT$30,000 per month, plus an economy airfare for direct roundtrip flights.
Duration of Scholarships:
(1) Undergraduate Scholarships: maximum four years;
(2) Master’s Scholarships: maximum two years; and 1
(3) Ph.D. Scholarships: maximum three years.
Qualifications: The applicants must meet the following requirements:
(1) They should have a good academic record and moral character;
(2) They should neither be Overseas Chinese Students nor ROC nationals;
(3) They should not be scholarship recipients from other ROC government agencies or institutions in Taiwan ;
(4) They should not be exchange students who are admitted in accordance with academic cooperation agreements made between local educational universities/ colleges and foreign educational institutions;
(5) They should not have had their scholarships cancelled in accordance with these Guidelines;
(6) They should not have received Taiwan Scholarships of the same type;
(7) The total duration of their scholarship(s) should not exceed 5 years;
(8) They should not be foreign students who have already enrolled at local educational institutions at their own expense.
(However, they will be eligible to apply to individual universities/colleges for Foreign Students’ Scholarships, which are subsidized by the MOE.)
Application Period: Annually from February 1st through the end of March.
For more information and application, see: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taiwan Scholarships