The BRAC James P. Grant School of Public Health (BRAC JPGSPH) at BRAC University in Dhaka, Bangladesh, is pleased to announce a Call for Applications for the award of TDR Postgraduate Training Scholarships for one- year Master of Public Health (MPH) 2020-21 programme beginning in January 2020.
Taught in English, the MPH Programme is a 12-month full-time programme which promotes problem-based experiential learning.
This full scholarship is supported by TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases, hosted by the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland.
Candidates and residents in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) of WHO South-East Asia and Western Pacific Regions are eligible to apply.
The training will focus on courses relevant to a career in implementation research.
Implementation research is a growing field that supports the identification of health system bottlenecks and approaches to address them, and is particularly useful in low- and middle- income countries (LMICs) where many health interventions do not reach those who could benefit from them.
The goal of this scheme is to enhance graduate training capacity and boost the number and quality of researchers in LMICs.
Further information on implementation research.
The scholarship recipients will conduct their Thesis/Summative Learning Project (SLP) on implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty, including neglected tropical diseases, malaria and tuberculosis, in Bangladesh.
Recipients will be enrolled as postgraduate students.
The fellows will be required to register on the TDR Global platform designed to provide networking opportunities for all TDR alumni and stakeholders.
TDR Scholarships will be offered under the programme for the 2020/2021 academic year in the area of Master’s in Public Health.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
• Preferably have 1-2 years of professional public health experience in neglected tropical diseases/other infectious disease;
• Have Bachelor and/or Masters degree(s) in Health Sciences (Medicine, Nursing, Midwifery, including allied Health Sciences) or in Social Sciences (Anthropology, Public Health, Food and Nutrition, Sociology, Psychology or any other Social Sciences Discipline);
• Have excellent academic track records with GPA 3.0 or above;
• Have proficiency in oral and written English and basic Mathematics;
• Have basic computer skills including Microsoft Office and Data Analysis Software;
• Be nationals of and residents in low- and middle income countries (as defined by the World Bank) of WHO South-East Asia and Western Pacific regions;
• Normally be under 35 years of age at the time of application for the Master’s programme;
• Submit a statement of purpose and letter of recommendation from supervisor;
• Be interested in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty; and
• Provide evidence of ability to obtain study leave from employment (if applicable) before commencement of programme Women are encouraged to apply.
Candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
• One return economy airfare between the home country of the student and Bangladesh;
• Tuition and academic fees;
• Basic medical and accident insurance;
• Monthly stipend to cover living expenses including accommodation equivalent to local living cost;
• Access to laptop during entire MPH Programme; and
• Support for Thesis/Summative Learning Project (SLP) expenses during data collection.
How to Apply
Students must submit their online applications for MPH Programme at BRAC JPGSPH
Application Deadline: 1 July 2019
Finally, the selected students will be required to confirm acceptance of the offer by submitting a Statement of Undertaking as per the regulation of BRAC University.
For More Information on the Scheme at Brac Jpgsph, Please Contact:
Md. Saiful Islam
Coordinator, Administration & Student Affairs
Master of Public Health Programme
BRAC James P. Grant School of Public Health
Phone: +880-2-9827501 - 4 Extension – 6034
Md Koushik Ahmed
Master of Public Health Programme
BRAC James P. Grant School of public Health
Phone: +880-2-9827501 - 4 Extension - 6015
Scholarships for Study in Africa » Scholarships for African Students » Undergraduate Scholarships » African Women Scholarships & Grants » Developing Countries Scholarships » Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Developing Countries » Fellowship Programs » Funding Grants for NGOs » Government Scholarships » LLM Scholarships » MBA Scholarships » PhD and Masters by Research Scholarships » Public Health Scholarships - MPH Scholarships » Refugees Scholarships » Research Grants » Scholarships and Grants
Scholarships in Australia » Scholarships in Austria » Scholarships in Belgium » Scholarships in Canada » Scholarships in Germany » Scholarships in Italy » Scholarships in Japan » Scholarships in Korea » Scholarships in Netherlands » Scholarships in Switzerland » Scholarships in UK » Scholarships in USA
Short Stories for Kids - Moral Stories – English Short Stories for Children - Moral Stories for Kids - Stories for Kids - Funny Story for Kids - Scary Stories for Kids - Really Funny Short Stories - Bedtime Stories Proverb Stories Powerful Motivational Quotes for Students » Success Quotes » English Short Stories for Kids
Cabin Crew Jobs & Career Advice » Secretary Job Description » Receptionist Job Description » Top 100 Interview Questions and Answers » How to Prepare for an Interview » How to Write a CV » How to Choose a Career » Computer Shortcut Keys and their Functions