Are you a student studying French and would like to become an English Language Assistant in France for 7 months?
The recruitment campaign for English language assistants in France for the 2021-2022 school year is now open until 8th January 2021.
About 70 English assistant positions in metropolitan France and the French Overseas Communities are offered to international students from your country for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Worldwide, approximately 5000 positions are open to more than 50 nationalities of candidates.
This program is designed to give international students the opportunity to discover a new region and culture by working alongside an English teacher in a French school environment.
It is not aimed at experienced teachers, and whether or not students intend to become language teachers, it is a fantastic opportunity to gain seven months of international professional experience.
This program is open to students of all disciplines who can demonstrate a competence in French, and who are seeking to increase their linguistic and cultural proficiency.
70 Positions are available immediately.
What is the Role of the Assistant?
• Participate in language training for students in and out of class. Leading study on themes of civilization and, in general, aiming to interest students and teachers in the language and culture of your country.
• Provide help in the classroom with oral and written English for small groups of students. Working either with a teacher in their class, or leading a variety of exercises with a small group of students, or conducting a variety of activities outside of school hours, accompanying the teachers.
The assistant will be expected to organize oral expression activities on their own with small groups of students or to work alongside the supervising teacher with the whole class.
• Provide linguistic and cultural assistance to teachers. The assistant can help the teachers on many extra occasions: visits, exchanges, exhibitions, drama groups, publication of a newspaper, school correspondence, club activities, creation of didactic material.
Who is eligible?
• Candidates must be between 20 and 35 years of age at the time of taking up their positions
• Candidates must have completed their secondary education.
• Candidates must be enrolled at a university at the time of application.
• Candidates must have completed at least two years of university studies.
• A minimum Level B1 in French is required.
• Candidates must be native English speakers.
• Candidates should preferably be single, as the salary of an assistant is not adequate to support dependents.
Conditions of exercise
Duration: 7 months from 1 October 2021 to 30 April 2022. The duration of the stay may not be shortened or modified at the candidate’s discretion, except in cases of force majeure.
A "club" at the meridian break may also be asked to lead for one hour a week.
Remuneration: currently, the net monthly salary of an assistant working in metropolitan France is €795.
Please note that your first salary will be paid at the end of November 2021.
You must therefore be able to advance your expenses (housing, insurance, rental deposit, telephone subscription, living and installation expenses) during the first two months in France. We strongly recommend that you provide a sum of money equivalent to at least 1500 euros for your first two months in France before receiving your first allowance.
Social security coverage: The assistants are covered by the French Social Security for the duration of their contract. A civil liability insurance and a mutual insurance will be required.
Your visa: The French embassy grants a free visa.
Transport: International transport to France is the responsibility of the assistant.
The French Embassy will offer 3 tickets to those who present the best results to the DELF/DALF.
Your accommodation: Accommodation in France is the responsibility of the assistant. It is therefore essential to find out about the rental property price in France (rents) and the disparities between the different academies.
In order to statistically increase your chances of benefiting from accommodation provided by the host institution, it is advisable to focus on the following academies: Nancy-Metz, Besançon, Limoges, Caen, Rennes.
Also note that the cost of living differs from region to region.
You will find all the information on the guide for the language assistant in France.
You will find all the information on the guide for language assistants in France.
Application Form Online: The application form must be filled in electronically.
For more information and application details, contact the French Embassy in your country; e.g. Kenya - English Language Assistants Jobs in France for International Students from Kenya
Scholarships for Study in Africa » Scholarships for African Students » Undergraduate Scholarships » African Women Scholarships & Grants » Developing Countries Scholarships » Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Developing Countries » Fellowship Programs » Funding Grants for NGOs » Government Scholarships » LLM Scholarships » MBA Scholarships » PhD and Masters by Research Scholarships » Public Health Scholarships - MPH Scholarships » Refugees Scholarships » Research Grants » Scholarships and Grants
Scholarships in Australia » Scholarships in Austria » Scholarships in Belgium » Scholarships in Canada » Scholarships in Germany » Scholarships in Italy » Scholarships in Japan » Scholarships in Korea » Scholarships in Netherlands » Scholarships in Switzerland » Scholarships in UK » Scholarships in USA
Short Stories for Kids - Moral Stories – English Short Stories for Children - Moral Stories for Kids - Stories for Kids - Funny Story for Kids - Scary Stories for Kids - Really Funny Short Stories - Bedtime Stories Proverb Stories Powerful Motivational Quotes for Students » Success Quotes » English Short Stories for Kids
Cabin Crew Jobs & Career Advice » Secretary Job Description » Receptionist Job Description » Top 100 Interview Questions and Answers » How to Prepare for an Interview » How to Write a CV » How to Choose a Career » Computer Shortcut Keys and their Functions