Find concept paper format for doctoral dissertations and master's thesis. Concept paper outline format and examples.
How to write a concept note for research. Guidelines for preparing concept notes and proposals for research.
Postgraduate Concept Paper Template
A concept paper is meant to give your Department an idea of your area of research interest in order to avail the necessary assistance for you to develop a research proposal.
Be as specific as possible in providing information.
The Structure of a Concept Note;
1. Title of Proposed Study:
2. Area of Study:
3. Background to the Study: (What have you read that has had an impact on your thinking about the topic?)
4. Statement of the Problem (What is the gap in Knowledge? Why does this research need to be conducted?)
5. Objectives of the Study (What does the study hope to achieve?)
6. Questions and/or Hypotheses (State the unknown in terms of questions or in terms of solutions).
7. Literature Review: What literature do you intend to review and why?
8. Theoretical Framework (What theory(s) will you use in analysing your material? Why those/that theory?
9. Proposed Research Design, Methods/Procedures (This answer the question, “How will you conduct the study?”)
Concept Paper Check-list
1. Your proposed research should be of great interest to you.
2. Your research questions should be appropriate for academic inquiry and not for casual or non-scholarly consideration?
3. Your research questions should be actual questions that can be researched through academic means (e.g., library sources, interviews, surveys, etc.) as opposed to opinions or attitudes that cannot be researched.
4. Your concept paper should attempt to research an area of interest to you and ask and propose to answer specific questions.
5. Your questions should be very specific.
6. Your questions should be answerable through research.
7 You should state at least one hypothesis (research or statistical).
8. You should identify the data you will need and how you will get it (methodology).
9. You should include citations, if appropriate, and a reference list or bibliography.
What Is a Concept in an Essay? What Is a Concept Note in Research? What Is a Concept Note? What Is a Concept Paper for a Proposal? What Is a Concept Paper? What Is a Process and Analysis Essay? What Is a Topic Example? What Is a Topic Sentence and Supporting Details? What Is a Topic Sentence Outline? What Is a Written Concept? What Is an Analytical Essay? What Is an Example of a Conclusion Paragraph? What Is an Explain Essay? What Is Concluding Sentence Mean? What Is the Controlling Idea of the Topic Sentence? What Is the Definition of Controlling Idea? What Is the Difference Between a Thesis and a Controlling Idea? What Is the Difference Between Main Idea and Controlling Idea? What Is the Main Idea and Supporting Details? What Is the Meaning of Concept Notes? What Is the Meaning of Concept Paper? What Is the Meaning of Reaction Paper? What Is the Point of a Position Paper? What Is the Process Essay? What Is the Process of Analysis? What Is the Purpose of the Concept Paper? What Is the Supporting Details? Why Are Topic Sentences Important in Body Paragraphs?