Save the Children Jobs
Browse and apply for Save the Children Jobs and internship opportunities in more than 120 countries. Apply for Save the Children vacancies and job opportunities from entry level to management positions. Find all current jobs at Save the Children International.
1. Communications Intern.
Will assist the Communications Manager.
While assisting with a wide range of projects, the person will gain hands-on experience and training in many aspects of marketing and development, while also gaining a good understanding of a global organization.
Scope of Role:
Reports to: Communications Manager.
Staff directly reporting to this post: N\A
Key areas of Accountability:
• Support Communications Manager to develop and implement the annual communications plan to ensure excellent communication internally to internal staff, externally to supporters, stakeholders, and the general public.
• Research, write, edit, update and proof read a range of materials for both internal and external audiences to ensure consistency and compliance with branding, values, key messages and style guidelines.
• Liaise with external suppliers, distribute briefs and obtain quotes for specific pieces of work, ensuring that best value is achieved for the work. To monitor and review agreements with suppliers accordingly.
• Produce and distribute high quality internal and external online and print communique, including email.
• Provide administrative support to the communications function, including arranging meetings; logging media coverage and maintaining press clippings files; and updating forward planning schedules.
• Act as the first point of enquiry for information, communications and branding queries internally and externally, including supplying logos and brand guidelines and providing advice to colleagues and stakeholder's on communications and branding issues as appropriate.
• Support the Communications Manager to organise external launches and events, and internal programme meetings and events.
• Be the Digital lead; updating and editing the website and provide social media cover as needed.
• Act as the Quality custodian for all communications works emanating from the
• Assisting staff with tracking, formatting and archiving reviews and other media.
• Maintaining and updating Save the Children Kenya’s Social Media sites in liaison with the Campaigns Intern.
• Assisting in the production of advertisements, press releases, and promotional materials.
• Assisting with mailings to media, consumers, and other contacts.
1. Manage the media tracking component of the Campaign.
2. Initiates and contributes to the design, implementation and oversight of communications strategies for the campaign and program/portfolio teams.
3. Serves as a partner with other communications leaders in executing on theme-specific and organization-wide strategic communications objectives.
4. Provides communications input to program/portfolio teams.
5. Extensively uses social media and traditional media relations to promote the work and expand the reach of the campaign and Save the Children Kenya’s program work.
6. Demonstrates an understanding of the changing landscape of public interest communications and a willingness to experiment with new channels to reach new audiences.
7. Prepares monthly summary of communications activities and achievements.
Learning, Dissemination, Audience Identification and Development
1. Implements and manages Save the Children’s communications model that fosters impact.
2. Collaborates with Manager to develop plans to disseminate research products that demonstrate organization-wide impact, including content to be featured on website.
Organization and Field Contributions
1. Provides communications support to members of senior management in preparation for public appearances; prepares support materials for meetings and media outreach opportunities.
2. Participates in conferences, seminars and other professional development activities to maintain and enhance professional status.
• Delivering Results: Takes personal responsibility and holds others to account to deliver our ambitious goals for children, continually improving own performance or that of the team/organisation.
• Developing Self and Others: Invests time and energy to actively develop self and others to help realise their full potential, and to build the organisation’s capability for the future.
• Leading and Inspiring Others: Demonstrates leadership in all our work, role models our values and articulates a compelling vision to inspire others to achieve goals for our children.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making: Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organisation and making appropriate judgements.
• Applying Technical Expertise: Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards, promotes and shares best practices within and outside the organisation.
• Innovating and Adapting: Develops and implements innovative solutions to adapt and succeed in an ever – changing, uncertain work and global environment.
• Working Effectively with others: Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives. Knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross- boundary working.
• Communicating with Impact: Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and Influence, Promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust with others.
• Networking: Builds and uses sustainable relationships and networks to support the work of Save the Children.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in any field.
• Experience in communications will be considered an advantage.
• Excellent social media and online strategist.
• Events planning, organization and implementation.
• Strong working computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing and negotiation.
• Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
• Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
• Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
• An eloquent and bold public speaker and writer with mastery of verbal and written English and Swahili.
• Commitment to Save the Children values.
Closing date: Thursday 27 October 2016
For more information and job application details, see; Communications Intern
2. Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health Coordinator
Key areas of Accountability:
• Conduct Inception and other community meetings with key program stake holders to secure buy in and support for project implementation from key stakeholders.
• Conduct Quarterly ASRH Community Dialogue Sessions for the ASRHR Project.
• Conduct trainings for Health workers and peer providers on ASRH and Youth Friendly Service Provision.
• Conduct Quarterly Integrated ASRH outreaches to provide mobile ASRH Services such as provision of family planning, cervical cancer screening, STIs screening and treatment etc.
• Engage with relevant stakeholders to identify facilities that will be renovated and equipped to become Youth Friendly Service Provision Points. Ensure renovation is done according to required standards according to government guidelines. Oversee formation and operationalization of an ASRHR Technical Working Group to oversee and support provision of adolescent sexual and reproductive health services in Bungoma County.
• Support meetings with County Assembly, County Minister for Education, Health and finance to advocate for implementation of ASRH policies and higher financial allocation for primary health care and Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health. This project will further highlight these implementation gaps and lobby the relevant institutions to enforce their implementation.
• Support adolescents and young people to participate in the budget monitoring and public participation forums.
• Conduct meeting to review and disseminate ASRH related policies to promote the realization of the rights of children, adolescents and young people. This is in cases where these policies are in place, often they are poorly implemented.
More Save the Children Jobs in Kenya - Page 1 |2 | 3 |
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Kenya.