Save the Children Careers in Kenya
Find all current jobs at Save the Children International in Kenya. Save the Children International Jobs in Kenya. ➤ Apply online now. Find all Save the Children vacancies and apply for all latest jobs and get your dream job.
2. Save the Children Finance and Awards Coordinator Jobs in Kenya
Under the supervision of the Area Programme Manager, the Finance and Awards Coordinator is responsible for managing the finance activities, financial controls, computerised accounting systems and staff in Mandera, in line with Save the Children’s financial procedures.
S/he will also support Awards management, by advising on compliance, chairing monthly awards review meetings, coordinating BVA feedback, and working with budget holders to ensure implementation is on track. The Finance and Awards Coordinator is a senior member of the Mandera team and sits on the Area SMT.
In this challenging environment, the Mandera Finance and Awards Coordinator will be responsible not only for compliance with critical SCI policies, ensuring that financial resources of the organization are shepherded in an accountable and transparent manner.
Scope of Role:
Reports to: Area Programme Manager
Line Reports: Finance Officer, Finance Assistant, Cashier
Key areas of Accountability:
• As a member of the Mandera SMT, demonstrate the behaviours that are consistent with Save the Children’s Mission, Vision and Values and ensure their broader application by staff across the Mandera programme;
• As a member of the Mandera SMT, ensure a conducive and productive work environment;
• Implement the Respectful Workplace & Diversity agenda for staff in the Mandera Programme;
• Contribute to the wider country programme agenda.
• Carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects Save the Children’s commitment to safeguarding children, in accordance with our Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding Policy.
• Maintain robust and adequate financial internal control systems and cash management across the field office in line with SCI’s Finance Manual, Awards management and good accounting practices.
• Ensure sufficient cash in the office by producing monthly cash forecasts for Mandera Office, sending to Nairobi office and following-up to make sure cash is received in time.
• Manage Agresso processes and review all the GLACOS spreadsheets for accuracy and ensuring that data is submitted to Nairobi office on or before the set deadline for processing.
• Verify the accuracy, validity, legitimacy of all payments completeness of financial documents, (purchase requests, work orders, pro forma invoices), proper coding and approval by responsible managers before payments are made while ensuring SAVE THE CHILDREN creditors are paid promptly.
• Provide support to budget holders in reviewing and understanding monthly financial budget monitoring reports and follow up on any recommended changes.
• Liaise with the area manager to schedule and take lead in planning and convening the monthly finance and Awards meetings in the field office ensuring minutes are taken and shared with the Awards team in Nairobi.
• Induct new staff into SCI financial policies and procedures applicable in the field offices and ensure that changes in policies are communicated to staff at all levels.
• Adhere to the Finance diary including Monthly Management Controls (MMCs) for field offices, ensuring that all deadlines are met and submissions made to Nairobi Office.
• Maintain good working relationships with other stakeholders and support the implementing partners in improving their Finance and Awards Management skills.
• In collaboration with HR, provide information on staff to Nairobi Finance Officer for monthly payroll preparation and when staff are departing from SCI, including but not limited to salary advances, food recovery, etc
• Ensure that audit recommendations are followed up & implemented in good time and field staff fully understand and comply with the standard financial procedures.
Reporting and Financial Analysis
• On a monthly basis, analyse trends, document the variance commentary and communicate to the budget holders of the country office
• Ad hoc analysis required by the country office budget holders that will help better manage all the revenue streams, e.g. award funds, other private funds and expense trends and
• Ensure timely preparation and submission of financial reports to donors in compliance with donor guidelines and contractual agreements
• Support the development of new proposals, in particular, with respect to budget development;
• Develop phased budgets in collaboration with programme managers;
• Manage and update the master budget for Mandera with the Area Manager, and pro-actively highlight gaps;
• With support from Nairobi, create an accountable system for billing staff across Awards which ensures full expenditure of each salary line by the close of Awards;
• Provide managers with information on the funding pipeline for each staff position;
• Coordinate and chair awards opening and closing meetings in Mandera, with programme managers;
• Coordinate the monthly Awards Review Process, including chairing the monthly BVA review meeting in Mandera;
• Support capacity building of coordinators and managers in Awards management;
Policy & Donor Regulations Compliance
• Assist Mandera office in day to day compliance and award financial management issues. Gather information from Kenya Office Awards Team and/or other units within Finance in resolving an issue related to compliance.
• Work closely with the Awards team in ensuring donor compliance amongst the implementing partners at the field level.
• Manage finance staff performance in compliance with SCI Kenya Policies;
• Coach, mentor, and support opportunities for continual staff development;
• Support adherence to child safeguarding policy.
Skills and Behaviors (our Values in Practice)
• Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
• Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• Future orientated, thinks strategically
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• Willing to take disciplined risks
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Qualifications and Experience
• A first degree in Commerce Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field. Post-graduate diploma preferred.
• Part II qualified in a recognized professional qualification in Accounting (CPA, ACCA)
• Minimum 5 years similar work experience within a fast paced work environment.
• Excellent communication skills (Verbal and Written)
• Fluency (Verbal and Written) in English is required. Somali language skills a major advantage.
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
• Strong team player, collaborative and capable of building effective relationships across all levels
• Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets
• Problem solving and risk mitigating skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Officer products (Word, Excel, Outllook, Powerpoint) and financial software such as Agresso.
• Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Safeguarding Policy and other Global Policies.
• A commitment to promoting diversity and equality of opportunity in employment and empathy with SC values and objectives
For more information and job application details, see; Save the Children Finance and Awards Coordinator Jobs in Kenya
Closing date: Wednesday 1 February 2017
More Save the Children Jobs in Kenya - Page 1 |2 | 3 | 4 |
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Kenya.