Nova Academies Career Opportunities
10. Nova Academies School Bus Driver Jobs in Kenya
Nova Academies is looking for a superstar School Bus Driver. As a Nova Driver, you will play a critical role safely operating the school bus on a regular schedule. He or she will have good judgement and undoubted integrity and will be based our Girls School, bus driver based at our Tatu City Campus in Ruiru area along Thika Road.
Imagine a world in which every young person in Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that demands excellence, helps students learn by doing and exploring rather than by memorizing, equips students with globally competitive science and technology skills, and builds the character and growth mindset that will shape the rest of their lives.
Now imagine that this school is not in one town, in one country, but in every town, in every country. This is what we imagine, and we want you to help make it happen.About the Role
• Living the Nova Culture
• Fully embrace Nova’s values and beliefs and promote them to students, staff, other faculty, parents and members of the outside community
• Work cohesively in a team, being respectful of each person’s contributions and style.
• Maintain positive relationships with students and colleagues
• Attend staff meetings that arise throughout the school year
• Operate the school bus in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
• Perform weekly safety and maintenance checks on all Nova vehicles
• Perform minor maintenance; including checking oil, brake fluid, power steering fluid, coolant levels. etc
• Clean the bus as per set schedule and/or when required
• Ensure the bus is safely and securely parked on campus and when on trips
• Advise the Head of Campus Operations of any requirements for maintenance or repairs well in advance of scheduled trips
• Scheduling activities
• Pick up and deliver students as per a set schedule
• Take attendance on the school bus and prepare trip report after each trip
• Record daily mileage in log book
• Ensure all on board are aware of rules and responsibilities as passengers
• Maintain order
and discipline in the School bus
• Perform any other duties as assigned on behalf of the organization including running errands, transporting staff and ferrying students to hospital for emergency casesAbout You
• You Must have knowledge of highway code and school bus regulations
• Possess a PSV License for the last 5 - 8 years.
• Possess a BCE- Class Driving License
• Possess a recent (not older than 6 month) Certificate of good Conduct
• Recommendation from 3 previous employers
• Minimum 8-10 years’ experience with school bus transportation
• Ability to operate school bus in a safe and responsible manner
• Client service and public interaction skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Effective verbal and listening communications skills
• Ability to read and write to record pickups and maintain daily records
• First aid knowledge.How to Apply:
Does working at Nova Academies excite you? If you’re a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately. Please note:
Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word® may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume.
You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified.
Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.
If you do not hear from us within 10 weeks of submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more information and job application details, see; Nova Academies School Bus Driver Jobs in Kenya
More Nova Academies Jobs at - Page 1
| Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!