Jobs at Nova Academies
6. Nova Academies School Counsellor Jobs in Kenya
Nova Academies is looking for an experienced School Counsellor to utilize leadership, advocacy, and collaboration to promote student success, provide preventive services, and respond to identified student needs by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program that addresses academic, career, and personal/social development and mental and social wellness for all pupils as the primary target group, but also for other members of the school communityAbout the Role
As the School Counsellor you will have the opportunity to craft a vision and strategy for counselling and offer it as a service to the growing school network. Your key responsibilities will be to:
• Model, live and lead the the Nova Culture
• Collaboratively develop a Comprehensive School Counseling Policy with the Principal
• Deliver a Comprehensive School Counselling Program
• Develop and maintain a written plan for effective delivery of the school counseling program based on best practice approaches and in line with the school’s ethos.
• Communicate the goals of the comprehensive school counseling policy to education stakeholders (i.e., administrators, teachers, pupils, parents, and community/business leaders).
• Maintain current and appropriate resources for education stakeholders.
• Provide direct services through the Guidance Curriculum, Individual Student Planning and Preventive and Responsive Services, and most remaining time in program management, system support, and accountability
• Use data to develop comprehensive programs that meet student needs.
• Provide leadership and collaborate with other educators in the school-wide integration of best practice in counselling.
• Implement appropriate and prevention-oriented group activities to meet student needs and school goals.
• Plug-into the life skills programme as guided by the office of the Director of Academics and/ or the Principal to support with execution
• Assist all pupils, individually or in groups, with developing academic, career and personal/social skills, goals, and plans.
• Make use of data to devise interventions, in consultation with the Principal.
• Provide individual and group counseling to pupils with identified concerns and needs.
• Implement an effective referral and follow-up process as needed.
• Accurately and appropriately use assessment procedures for determining and structuring individual and group counseling services. Consult the Principal if there is the need to invite an external service provider for the whole school, or for pupils, or for members of staff.
• Provide appropriate information to school personnel related to the comprehensive school counseling program.
• Assist teachers, parents/guardians, and other stakeholders in interpreting and understanding student data.
• Participate in professional development activities to improve knowledge and skills.
• Use available technology resources to enhance the school counseling program.
• Adhere to laws, policies, procedures, and ethical standards of the school counseling profession.
• Collaborate with parents/guardians and educators to assist pupils with educational, career, and life planning.
• Conduct a yearly audit to review the counselling needs and trends in the school, and the extent to which the Counselling programme in the school is effective in its implementation, based on the data collected and analyzed.
• Prepare the results of such analysis in a manner that makes it possible to share the information with different stakeholders: pupils, teachers, Network, parents and guardians.About You
• You are passionate about students and want to help them tackle life’s different challenges
• You have between 3-5 years of experience in institutional counselling
• You have Professional Training in Counselling- Higher National Diploma or Degree
• You have previously counselled teens and young adults
• You are a great communicator: You are able to provide a clear and persuasive pitch to anyone and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• You are results
driven, goal oriented, move fast, and take ownership of work.Does working at Nova Academies excite you?
If you’re a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately.
For more information and job application details, see; Nova Academies Jobs in Kenya Please note:
Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word® may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.7. Nova Academies Humanities Teacher Jobs in Kenya
Are you looking for an extraordinary school where the learners are excited, inquisitive and have to be convinced to go home at the end of the day? Are you a Bachelor of Education-Humanities graduate with between 2-6+ years of experience looking to build your teaching experience in a world-class institution?ResponsibilitiesTeach Geography, English, Kiswahili, History and C.R.E
Infuse joy and passion for learning in lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence.
Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards.
Integrate interactive technology within lessons to enhance instructional delivery
Meet up with your learning designer to ensure unit and lesson plans are mapped to standards.
Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize them.
Attend weekly feedback meetings with manager to enhance teaching practices
Head a club, house opportunity for students each term.
Provide feedback to the curriculum design team about lessons and the overall structure of a unit to ensure revisions are made.
Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and outside professional opportunities.
A born teacher. You are not in it by coincidence or accident.
Teachers’ Service Commission certified/recognized
A Bachelor’s degree from a well-recognized University. You should have graduated officially by the time of application
Energetic and passionate about education.
You’re a top performer with a strong academic background
You have 2-6+ years of relevant teaching experience. At Nova, we love teachers who have also had varied work experience apart from teaching
Adept at using Technology. We use a lot of technology for instruction
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Nova Academies Humanities Teacher Jobs in Kenya
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word® may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews. If you do not hear from us within 8 weeks of submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
More Nova Academies Jobs at - Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!