Form One Intake Process
KNEC KCPE Form 1 selection; Find selection criteria, marks, grading and the school you/your child has been admitted to.
The Form One Intake entails the admission into either National, extra-County, County or District Day Schools depending on the candidate's performance and school choices captured during the year the candidate sat for KCPE.
National Schools distribute both based on candidature and affirmative action thus enabling the each district to get a candidate selected to a National School.
The National School Quota is used to select candidates per Gender and Merit List per District.
Cut-Off to each National School is automatically determined based on the last Candidate to be Selected to a given National Schools from a Given District in a County.
County Schools are Selected on a 40% (National): 40% (to Districts within County and Inclusive Home District of the School): 20% (for Home/Host District of the School).
Not all County Schools Can attract National Quota and may be allocated quotas to only Districts within host County. Plans for District Selection are under-way expected to be pilotted in 2014 In-take.Selection Procedure
The Computerised selection follows the following steps:
1) Selection of Top 1 and 2, for both Gender (boys and girls) to their national school choices if an allocation has been provided for their District. In absence, the computer assign such performing candidates schools of equivalent stature to their choices;
2) Selection of Other National Schools Quota based on Candidates ratio from Public and Private;
3) System gives advantage to Counties inclusive of host County in filling vacancies which may arrise during the selection (such as in ability of certail Districts to produce candidates with more or equal to 280 marks);
4) Selection of Extra-County Schools which have same features as National Schools with variance being the number of candidates to be picked being more within the host Counties of the schools;
5) County Schools purely selects students within a County, all boarding schools fall under this category;
6) District Selection: still done manually due to challenges of mapping primary schools or communities to promixity of secondary day schools.Outcome of Selection
It is expected that the selection results shall be accessed Online on this portal by the public and the successful candidates.
For unsuccessful cases, they can also get feedback on
their application based on the Quotas already computed soon to be shared and shown on this portal.Notice
Take Note that No Admission Letters shall be Issued at any District Education Offices or Ministry Headquarters. Form 1 Selection - Form One Selection Confirmation by SMS & Online
How to check the secondary school (form one selection) you have been admitted to via SMS and online: To check the secondary school you have been admitted to online, go to this Website: http://www.education.go.ke/ and enter your Index number.
To check the secondary school you have been admitted to via SMS, send an SMS with your Index Number to 20042 from any network. Cost of SMS is Kenya Shillings 25!
For these and other details, follow the links below:
KCPE Results » KCSE Results » Secondary Schools in Kenya
KCPE Results » KNEC - Kenya National Examinations Council » KCSE Results » Secondary School Scholarships in Kenya » Kenya Postgraduate Scholarships » Undergraduate Scholarships for Kenyan Students » Kenya Scholarships for Kenyan Students Studying in Kenya » Kenya Undergraduate Scholarships » The Kenya Youth Education Scholarship Fund - Scholarships Kenya - Scholarships » African Scholarships » African Women Scholarships & Grants » Developing Countries Scholarships » Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Developing Countries » Fellowship Programs » Funding Grants for NGOs » Government Scholarships » LLM Scholarships » MBA Scholarships » PhD and Masters by Research Scholarships » Public Health Scholarships - MPH Scholarships » Refugees Scholarships » Research Grants » Scholarships and Grants
Secondary School Scholarships in Kenya » Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education – KCSE » KCSE Results Top 100 Schools - Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education – KCSE
Best Top 5 and Bottom 5 Schools in Every County. KCSE Results Top 100 Schools. KCSE Top 100 County Schools. KCSE Top 100 District Schools.
KCSE Top 100 Private Schools. Kenya Secondary Schools Ranking Positions & KCSE Performance.
Schools that produced KCSE best & top 10 candidates/students in every county.
KCSE Results » Secondary School Scholarships in Kenya » Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education – KCSE » KCSE Results Top 100 Schools - Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education – KCSE » KNEC - Kenya National Examinations Council » KCSE Results » Kenya Scholarships for Undergraduate Students » Undergraduate Scholarships for Kenyan Students » Kenya Undergraduate Scholarships