Islamic Relief Jobs in Kenya
3. Islamic Relief Education Officer Jobs in Kenya
Reporting To: Senior Education Officer
Matrix Management: Education Program
Base Location: Dadaab
In consultation with Senior Education Officer, the holder of the position will have overall responsibility on supervision of National teachers and Assistant education officers, monitoring and evaluation of refugee education activities in IFO refugee camp and Ifo 2 east and west camp. He reports to the Senior Education Officer.
• Check on Work plans of National Teachers and AEO’s and ensure implementation of the same.
• Assign duties appropriately to National Teachers and AEO’s according to their JD.
• Guide and Support National Teachers as they train and mentor education supervisors, head teachers incentive teachers, and school management committees in order to ensure quality delivery of programs.
• Work closely with M&E and SMP supervisor for the timely production of SMP reports.
• Ensuring that the implementation of Islamic Relief’s Education projects promotes capacity building to the maximum degree possible with local communities, the Education system, UNHCR, local NGOs, CBOs, and government staff and agencies.
• Should adhere to CPP (Child Protection Policy)
• Ensure timely production of reports by collecting reports from education officers and forward them to senior education officer for compilation into one report.
• Document programme learning and disseminate lessons learned to key stakeholders in the field.
• Support National teachers to identify areas for development and jointly plan capacity building opportunities
• Ensure education team’s strengths are identified and recognized for programme and individual development
• Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Senior Education Officer, M&E Officer, Area Manager or other key Management Staff.
• At least 3 years of progressive experience in primary education programs for refugees or rural communities.
• Experience gained within an international humanitarian NGO will be an added advantage.
• Strong analytical and administrative skills in the management of education/programs consisting of primary education.
• Experience in report writing and excellent computer skills.
• Experience in Training of Trainers/Facilitators skills (TOT & TOF) an advantage
• Degree – Bachelor degree in education.
• Proven knowledge on integrated Early Childhood Development training, curriculum development, implementation and educational administration.
• Proven academic or on-job training and understanding of the Project Cycle model in managing humanitarian assistance.
How to Apply:
For more information and job application details, see; Islamic Relief Kenya Jobs .
Please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications and experience. Your application should also include names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts.
The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the position title on the subject line.
Send your application to Hr.firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 20th March, 2017.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
More Islamic Relief Kenya Jobs at - Page | 1 | 2 |
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!