World Bank Jobs in Kenya
World Bank Jobs in Kenya; Find & apply online for the latest World Bank vacancies. Jobs and internships - World Bank. Career opportunities - World Bank current job openings (ongoing). Link to the World Bank vacancies page.
World Bank Financial Sector Specialist Jobs in Kenya
Duties and Responsibilities
The position will provide operational and analytical support to Finance and Markets Global Practice (F&M GP) team working on Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda. The candidate will need to demonstrate broad knowledge of infrastructure finance and Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs).
Subject to the overall portfolio in the PPP/infrastructure finance space, the successful candidate will be able to support the following activities:
Provide practical and cutting-edge expertise in all aspects related to PPP and infrastructure finance, in particular on the development of sector frameworks and enabling environments;
Provide support and advice on the execution of advisory and project work related to a particular PPP transaction;
Act as a focal point for infrastructure finance and PPP activities in Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda, including appropriate coordination with the World Bank teams in different locations as well as the F&M GP and regional leads on infrastructure financing issues
Support teams and provide technical inputs on knowledge products, practical tools to assist in decision-making on PPPs, and ensure that good practices on PPPs are integrated into WBG guidance
Support work designed to improve WBG information on the extent and impact of our PPP activities
Facilitate dialogue between Country Management Units and Government officials on the private sector participation and commercial financing in infrastructure
Help design and monitor investment lending and TA programs
The Financial Sector Specialist will possess the
• Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, finance, engineering, management, policy or a related field;
• A minimum of five years of operations experience in the field of infrastructure project preparation and development consulting, finance, regulation or PPPs with demonstrated ability to engage on a range of issues in developing countries including advice on both program and project preparation and development;
• Infrastructure project preparation or operational experience within one of the major MDBs or consulting firms is desirable.
• Track record of achievements working with or in collaboration with MDBs and other development partners in the field of infrastructure project development or finance, infrastructure regulation and/or PPPs;
• Recognized by peers and/or managers for providing high quality, pragmatic advice to clients on infrastructure PPPs and/or making significant contributions to analytical work, operations management and/or knowledge products in those fields;
• Track record of contributing to well-recognized knowledge products on PPPs;
• Client focus and commitment to results; and
• High level written and oral presentation skills in English.
How to Apply
Closing Date 7th September 2017
For more information and job application details, see; World Bank Financial Sector Specialist Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Kenya.