Pwani University Jobs
Pwani University Jobs; The University invites applications from suitable, qualified candidates to fill various Teaching and Non-Teaching positions in the following areas.
Pwani University is a Premier University at the Coast situated in the beautiful scenic tourist resort town of Kilifi.
The University’s Mission is to generate, disseminate and apply knowledge while sustaining excellence in teaching, learning and research by molding students to international standards and encouraging and supporting members of staff to undertake research.
The University invites applications from suitable, qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Registrar (Administration, Finance and Planning) Grade 15 (1 Post) REF: PU/ADV/1/11/2016
This is the Senior-most position in the University for this cadre. The appointee shall be expected to provide leadership to members in lower grades. Appointment is either on permanent and pensionable terms or on a three (3) year renewable performance-based contract depending on age, citizenship and any other reason.
The Officer will be reporting to the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Planning) and will be Responsible for organizing, controlling, administrative and financial functions of the University.
The Candidate must have a Masters degree preferably in Social Sciences. Those with PhD will have an added advantage.
Applicants should obtain clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (H.E.L.B), Ethics and AntiCorruption Commission (EACC), Kenya Revenue Authority, Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and a valid certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya National Police Service.
Have high ethical standards, integrity, accountability and professionalism, and good stewardship and comply with the requirements of Chapter six of the Kenya Constitution.
• Have at least twelve (12) years of continuous working experience at senior level in a large organization preferably a Higher Learning Institution or Research Organization with proven integrity, honesty, independence, innovativeness and compliance to deadlines.
• who have successfully served at the level of Deputy Registrar will have an added advantage
• Have sound knowledge of Financial Management and must demonstrate skills of effectively
coordinating and overseeing Finance and Administrative Functions in a large organization.
• Have a good understanding of University function and procedures, and have experience in Financial,
Human Resource and Procurement policies.
• Be able to supervise the provision of administrative and other related services.
• Have a proven record of successful supervisory experience in a people-oriented environment.
• Be familiar with the formulation and provision of guidelines on planning and management of
University services and demonstrate evidence of administrative leadership.
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of the Universities Act 2012, Statutes, Policies and other
Regulations related to Academic and Administrative functions of a University.
• Have an In-depth knowledge of Quality Management Systems, Performance contracting, ISO
procedures, University Administrative policies and Procedures.
• Be conversant with modern Information, Communication Technology; demonstrate creativity in evolving innovative strategic management trends, and an understanding of government policies as well as Human Resource policies.
Applicants should posses the following skills.
• ability to plan and adapt to change
• knowledge of financial management
• Leadership skills
• Computer literacy
• Team building and team work.
• Interpersonal skills
• Good communication skills
• Managerial skills
• Organisational skills
• Have knowledge and ability to use E.R.P (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems.
In addition, candidates should show evidence of active involvement in International/Continental/Regional
/National/ Local/Community activities
The Officer will perform the following duties and responsibilities
• Oversee the smooth running of the various sections in the Administration, Finance and Planning Division as stipulated in the Statutes.
• Provide secretarial services to Council and other relevant executive committees and boards of the University.
• Responsible for planning, policy formulation and general administration of the various administrative activities in the University administration
• Manage various departments within the Administration Division with regard to the legal requirements and regulations governing the management and administration of University resources in general and within their respective departments.
• Secretary to the University Management Board
• Participate in preparation of the University Annual Estimates and Budget
• Coordinate and monitor physical infrastructure planning and development, maintenance and repair of existing facilities.
• Coordinate the development of the Master Plan and procurement plans;
• Coordinate performance contracting, measurement and monitoring, strategic planning and ISO
• Work closely with the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration, Finance, and Planning) in ensuring that the finance and planning departments operate effectively and efficiently and are in line with the vision and mission of the University.
• Handle office allocation and staff housing matters.
• Coordinate all central services, estates, transport, workshop, procurement and disposal activities, catering and accommodation services.
• Perform any other duty as assigned by the Head of Department
Terms of Service
Benefits for the above position include a competitive basic salary, house allowance, medical cover for staff and dependants, life Insurance, opportunities for further development and training and other regular allowances.
Interested applicants should send two (2) copies of their application for the position.
Applications and recommendations letters from referees should be addressed to,
The Vice Chancellor
P. O Box 195-80108, Kilifi
Applications should include an up to date CV, giving details of applicants age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, present post and salary, email address, telephone, names and contacts of three referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, copies of relevant
certificates and testimonials.
For more information and job application details, see; Pwani University Jobs
The deadline for submitting applications is Friday 2nd December 2016. Applications received later than this date will not be considered.
CANDIDATES WHO HAD EARLIER APPLIED FOR THIS POSITION NEED NOT TO RE-APPLY
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
More Pwani University Jobs in Kenya - Page 1 | 2 |
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Kenya.