Kirinyaga University Jobs in Kenya
This will entail, inter alia.
1. Organizing and directing the financial matters of the University;
2. Carrying out the day to day business of the division;
3. Developing of and recommending to the Council the long term University finance strategy, business plans, and annual operating budgets; and
establishing proper internal monitoring and control procedures;
4. Coordinating and preparing business related proposals, reports and other submissions for consideration by council;
5. Ensuring that there is effective communication between the division, university management and Council on finance and development matters;
6. Providing leadership and innovative leadership in the areas of finance, infrastructural development and linkages;
7. Ensuring continuous achievement of the University’s financial and operating goals and objectives;
8. Fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenship;
9. Ensuring compliance with the laws of the country and government regulation;
10. Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor.The applicant MUST:
1. Be a Professor or Associate Professor and holder of an earned PhD from a University recognized in Kenya;
2. Have at least eight (8) years of academic and research experience at senior level and possess demonstrable leadership in an academic institution having served at least in the position of Dean/Director of faculty, Deputy
Principal/Principal of a university constituent college, Deputy Vice Chancellor;
3. Have thorough knowledge of governance, government financial and fiscal policies, strategic planning, public finance management, budgeting process, procurement laws, infrastructural development and governing laws;
4. Possess vast experience in decision making in finance and supported by relevant testimonials;
5. Be a recognized scholar as evidenced by the number of postgraduate students supervision and publications, research grants, recent publications;
6. Demonstrate experience in policy making in finance, strategic planning and development;
7. Have good track record of change management;
8. Those in possession of additional post graduate qualifications in financial management and/or business and accounting will have an added advantage.Tenure
As per the Universities Act, No. 42 of 2012,
KyU Charter and Statutes, the Deputy Vice Chancellor (F&D) shall hold office for a period of five (5) years, renewable once for a further five (5) years subject to approval by Council.How to apply
Interested candidates should submit 10 copies of their application letters together with an equivalent number of current Curriculum Vitae and copies of testimonials.
Each candidate must have three (3) referees who should be requested by the candidates to forward their referee’s reports directly to the Chairman of Council under confidential cover.
Such referees should be in a position to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academic standard, managerial capability and moral
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid and current clearance certificates from the following:
1. Kenya Revenue Authority
2. Higher Education Loans Board
3. Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
4. Department of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct)
5. Credit Reference Bureau
6. Commission of University Education for those with qualifications from foreign universities.
All applications should be submitted to the address below Strictly by Post under confidential cover with the envelope sealed and clearly marked the reference number for the position applied for, so as to be received on or before Friday, 4th
The Chairman of Council
P.O. Box 21543 - 00505
Kirinyaga University is an equal opportunity employer; women, marginalized
groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
More Kirinyaga University Jobs at Page 1
| Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!