Kenya Orient Life Assurance Jobs
Kenya Orient Life Assurance Jobs; Find the largest collection of all the latest insurance jobs in Kenya, assurance & broker jobs in Kenya. Browse 1000s of insurance jobs and improve your insurance career. Insurance jobs from top insurance companies in Kenya.
1. Kenya Orient Underwriting Manager Jobs
Location: Head Office
Division / Department: Underwriting
Immediate Supervisor: AGM – Underwriting & Business Development
The position is responsible for the development of clear underwriting policies and procedures, reliable pricing mechanisms and ensuring that underwriting is done in accordance to regulatory authorities’ guidelines and in line with our strategy..
Designing, updating and maintaining sound underwriting standards.
Prepare annual budget for the department and ensure proper budgetary control.
Ensuring timely preparation and dispatch of all underwriting documents.
Ensuring that accurate renewal notices are prepared & dispatched on a timely basis and monitoring business retention levels.
Ensuring that all relevant issues relating to underwriting policies, re-insurance arrangements and product pricing are identified and communicated to all stakeholders.
Ensuring compliance with all statutory provisions in respect to underwriting requirements.
Ensure effective and efficient bond management process and eventual bond cancellation/retirement thereof.
Ensure that policy documents and proposal forms wordings are in-tandem with the standardized underwriting policies as per the regulators requirements.
Preparation of periodical underwriting management reports.
Monitor, review and supervision of branch operations.
Ensure profitable and sustainable growth of the underwriting business.
Vetting of risks to ensure quality of business.
Implement branch sales strategies and ensure set production targets are achieved.
Ensure that refunds policies are strictly adhered to
Put in place mechanisms to manage renewal business to ensure high retention
Periodic review of policies and procedures to ensure their relevance to the business strategy and changing organizational needs.
Supervising staff performance and their development.
Preparing and maintaining up to date underwriting manual.
Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
A bachelor’s degree from a recognized University.
Masters degree is an added advantage
A diploma in Insurance (ACII, AIIK or equivalent)
7 years relevant working experience, three (3) of which should have been at Supervisory level and above in a similar role
Knowledge of underwriting and pricing
Knowledge of Insurance products and services
Risk Perception and assessment
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience, kindly visit submit your application on or before Sunday 12th March, 2017.
For more information and job application details, see; Kenya Orient Underwriting Manager Jobs
2. Kenya Orient Assistant Manager – Internal Audit Jobs
Location : Head Office
Division / Department : Audit & Compliance
Immediate Supervisor : Head of Audit & Compliance
The position is responsible for assisting in planning, co-coordinating, executing independent risk and
various audits in the Organization and ensuring systematic, disciplined approach for effective risk control management and governance process.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
• In collaboration with Head of Audit & Compliance, determine internal audit scope using risk based approach and develop annual audit work plan as well as ensure 100% of its implementation.
• Co-ordinate in preparation of the annual
budget for the department and ensure proper budgetary control.
• Coordinating the full audit cycle including assigning tasks, tracking of open issues, carrying out followups
and management control over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
• Carry out reviews on a monthly or quarterly basis on organisation processes and identify key cost drivers and cost reduction measures effectiveness.
• Assist in conducting annual reviews and updates of the departmental SLAs.
• Identify if processes are not working as they should and where not working, advise on changes to be made.
• Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process and advice on the
• Ensure that internal procedures agree with KOIL corporate policies, industry standards and regulatory
requirements and that are correctly followed and complied with.
• Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum.
• Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
• Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
• Assist in staff learning & development matters in the department as well as mentoring and coaching of staff.
• Maintain open communication with Head of Department.
• Work with the Assistant Manager - Risk and Compliance to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
• Performing any other duties as required from time to time.
• Prepare reports timely and regularly.
• Prepare comprehensive monthly, quarterly and annual Audit reports to be used for internally by the various departments, the Board of Directors and also for evaluation of the Company’s operations by
both external and internal stakeholders.
• Prepare monthly reports to the management on the departments’ performance or on any other issue affecting the internal audit function.
• Report any deficiencies/ violations as appropriate or required.
• Bachelor of Commerce Degree or any other Business relevant Degree.
• CPA (K)/ ACCA;
• CIA, CISA & any other recognized professional accounting qualification a plus
• MBA will be an added advantage
• 6 years relevant working experience, two(2) of which should have been at Supervisory level and above in a similar role
• Knowledgeable about internal control and control environment
• Excellent Interpersonal, written & Communication Skills
• Internal Audit Management Best Practices
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience apply on or before Friday 17th March, 2017.
For more information and job application details, see; Kenya Orient Jobs .
More Kenya Orient Life Assurance Jobs at - Page | 1 | 2 |
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Kenya.