IOM Jobs in Kenya
3. International Organization for Migration Project Officer Jobs in Kenya
CFA 2017/02 (P)Context:
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is one of the leading humanitarian as well as developmental actors in Somalia with extensive experience and technical expertise in assisting vulnerable migrants, mobile populations and affected host communities through developmental sectors strengthening as well as preparedness and responses to various humanitarian emergencies in highly complex and challenging environments.
In this context, under the overall supervision of Chief of Mission, under the direct supervision of Head, Migration Health Division (MHD) as well as Preparedness and Response Division (PRD), in close collaboration with key stakeholders, the successful candidate will support
Head, MHD and PRD and his team of 100 members including healthcare providers in the field,
to manage all projects under the responsibility of MHD and PRD.
In addition, as a follow-up to the Sixth Tokyo International Conference on African Development
(TICAD VI) held in Kenya in 2016, s/he will be responsible for public-private partnerships (PPP)
with Japanese private sector such as Poly Glu Social Business, Panasonic, Sumitomo
Chemical, and Tottori Resource Recycling in close coordination with IOM Tokyo and the
Government of Japan.
*PRD consists of six sub-units/programmes: Migration Health Assistance for Crisis-Affected
Populations (H3); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH); Mental Health and Psychosocial
Support (MHPSS); Shelter and Non-food Items (NFIs); Food Security; and Displacement
Tracking Matrix (DTM).Core Functions / Responsibilities:Support Head, MHD and PRD, to manage and coordinate all MHD and PRD projects in Somalia including providing technical assistance, tracking implementation progress and financial expenditure, supervising the Nairobi and field teams, facilitating trainings and workshops,
conducting epidemiological studies, and needs assessments.
Develop new projects in coordination with Project Development and Monitoring Unit through resource mobilization including proactively lobbying donors and drafting concept notes and proposals.
Conduct periodic monitoring and evaluation to improve the effectiveness and efficiency in a
Support the team in reporting in coordination with Project Development and Monitoring Unit by compiling data, drafting donor reports, and submitting reports by deadlines.
Ensure quality control of MHD and PRD supplies and equipment procured, shipped and expended in Somalia.
Strengthen the existing partnerships with relevant governmental authorities, donors and other stakeholders.
Attend relevant meetings with or for Head, MHD and PRD as well as relevant Programme Managers and prepare relevant notes for files, meeting minutes, and action points.
Enhance the on-going as well as establish the new PPP with Japanese private sector such as Poly Glu Social Business, Panasonic, Sumitomo Chemical, and Tottori Resource Recycling in close coordination with IOM Tokyo and the Government of Japan.
Translate publicity and resource mobilization materials as well as concept notes and proposals into Japanese language as requested by Head, MHD and PRD.
Undertake duty travels related to project implementation as required and authorized by Head, MHD and PRD.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Public Health, Developmental Studies, Humanitarian Assistance or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above
fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in programme management and coordination in humanitarian and/or developmental sectors;
• Professional experience in working for international and bilateral organizations, international non-governmental organization, donors, and/or the United Nations;
• Professional experience or in-depth knowledge on PPP, innovation, base of the pyramid, social business, especially with Japanese companies;
• Strong writing and analytical skills especially in donor reports and proposal development;
• Strong technical expertise in at least two of the following areas: health, WASH, protection, MHPSS, nutrition, shelter, NFIs, logistics, food security, DTM, camp coordination, project development, and monitoring and evaluation;
• Professional experience in working with Somali key stakeholders such as the Somali government is an asset;
• Extensive knowledge on developmental and humanitarian situations in Somalia is an asset;
• Experience in epidemiological research is an asset;
• Strong computer background, including experience with Microsoft applications, spreadsheets, and word processing.
Fluency in English and Japanese is required. Working knowledge of Somali and Arabic is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
With possible relocation to Somalia if and when the situation is conducive.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment
system, by 19 February 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For more information and job application details, see; International Organization for Migration Project Officer Jobs in Kenya
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on
your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
More IOM Jobs at - Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!