I Choose Life Jobs in Kenya
I Choose Life Jobs in Kenya; I Choose Life NGO jobs in Kenya. We have latest ngo vacancies in Kenya. Click here to apply for the latest job adverts. I Choose Life Africa - Jobs and Vacancies in Kenya.
I Choose Life Africa Assistant Finance Officer Jobs in Homabay/ Kisumu, Kenya
Background: I Choose Life – Africa (ICL) is one of the leading Non-Governmental Organizations. ICL works using the Quadra Helix Model of partnering with the Government of Kenya, through the Ministries of Health, Education, Agriculture, Youth Affairs and Vision 2030 among others, Corporates, Universities and Civil Society Organizations, to design interventions to solve problems in different communities.
It has programs in over 234 institutions (tertiary institutions and high schools) across 23 Counties in Kenya and reaches over 1 million youth annually with behavior change communication messages.Vision & Mission:
ICL's vision is to see a ‘Healthy Africa, Empowered People!’ The organization seeks to support to the implementation of Vision 2030 through the cascading it to the Counties. ICL's mission is to create a movement of individuals that enhances the quality of life for communities through Health initiatives, Economic Empowerment, Education and improved Leadership & Governance.Project Description:
Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-Free, Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) initiative is a two year initial intervention whose goal is to reduce new HIV infections among adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) ages 10-24 in the focus counties by 40 percent (in two years). The initiative seeks to provide tailored, comprehensive and evidence-informed service package targeting AGYW’s who are at the highest risk of HIV infection, their male sexual partners, families and communities. Job purpose:
S/He will support the Western region (Kisumu and Homabay) projects in Project financial management, cost analysis, reporting, and resource optimization for sustainability. In line with ICL Pillars, support counties in the actualization of their county strategic plans aligned to vision 2030 and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s )Key Responsibilities
1. Project Financial Management Enforce compliance to finance, grants, procurement and administration manuals in the Western region.
Prepare projects monthly cash flow projections ensuring timely requests for replenishment of the project funds.
Ensure proper petty cash management
Review and process requisitions against project plans ensuring timely payments in line with the finance processing cycle.
Prepare bank, debtors and creditors reconciliation for the projects.
Ensure accurate and timely posting of financial data using Microsoft Navision accounting system.
Ensure proper book keeping including the account payables and receivables.
File payment vouchers, receipts, stamp them paid and follow up on any request for documents
Prepare reimbursement invoices and send them to the donors on a timely basis as stipulated in the donor agreements.
2. Filing: Ensured proper filing of all project financial requests and their complete supporting documents as per the system in place
3. Budgeting: Take part in the budget preparation at activity level for the regional programs, prepare monthly costed plans and implement the budget in adherence to set guidelines in line with organizational and donor policies.
4. Payment Processing: Facilitated the end to end processing of payments in line with provided budget lines and in consultation with the project managers
5. Reconciliation: Prepared bank, debtors and creditors reconciliation for both projects and products.
6. Financial Accounting: Accounted for working advances and presented to Finance and Grants Officer on a weekly basis for approval including clearance of staff accounts.
7. Data Entry: Posted transactions onto the organizational Microsoft Navision Finance system on a daily basis for review by finance & grants officers as well as the manager.
8. Reporting: Prepared project financial reports including MFR and BVRs among others for review by the finance & grants officer and manager in line with delegated responsibilities and in addition assisted in preparing weekly, monthly financial and donor reports.
9. Audit Support: Prepared for audit processes in line with delegated responsibilities as per the audit schedule including facilitating documentation required
10. Planning: Submitted a weekly task pad and a monthly Time Sheet and report every 26th of every month
11. Contract Management: Ensure compliance to service agreements with suppliers before processing payments
12. Any other duties and responsibilities as will be assigned in line with your role in finance.
Education, Experience and Abilities
Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or other business related degree.
2 years working experience in a USAID and SIDA funded project.
Completed CPA II section IV /ACCA 2.
Excellent working knowledge in Microsoft Navision and Quick books
Must be computer literate and proficient in Excel.
How to Apply:
For more information and job application details, see; I Choose Life Africa Assistant Finance Officer Jobs in Homabay/ Kisumu, Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!