Heifer International Jobs in Kenya
Heifer International Senior Accountant Jobs in Kenya
Heifer International is a humanitarian development organization dedicated to ending hunger and poverty and caring for the Earth by empowering small holder farm families around the globe to become self-reliant and attain sustainable livelihood through economically viable agricultural enterprises. Heifer International Kenya seeks to fill the position below to support its country programs.
The Senior Accountant reports to the Director of Finance & Administration and plays a significant role in strengthening of core global systems by ensuring proper accounting and reporting of resources in project implementation by maintaining systems of accountability, processing of Accounting information, internal and external Financial reporting, cash and bank account maintenance and other firmest tasks as assigned in liaison with relevant Heifer departments.
• Preparation of monthly. queried and annual financial statements.
• Performing analytical review. of General ledger accounts and reconciling balance sheet accounts including project and staff advance reconciliations.
• Assist in preparation of the audit schedules for annual, internal or project audits.
• Preparation of Payroll and update of payroll deductions in I-tax while ensuring proper tax computation and timely submission
• Bachelor's degree In account ng or related field. obtained from a recognized Institution. plus five 5 years of demonstrated experience.
CPA Finalist ft AMA or DMA or equivalent accounting certification.
Finance and Administrative Assistant
Based in the Nairobi Country Office the Finance and Adminabative Assistant is primarily responsible for the dayto day operations prodding support to the senior
management team and the projects by maintaining systems of accountability, establishing and maintaining communications between program offices as well as partners and performing basic administrative tasks as assigned.
The Finance and Administrative assistant will:
• Manage a functional and organized office filing system to ensure that the project documents and records are appropriate & flled and secured for easy retrieval.
• Assist with the financial and accounting aspects of the country program office and processing of routine financial transactions in accordance with Heifer's policies and procedures.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent Diploma with three 3 years of hands-on related experience.
• Practical experience in various aspects of accounting principles and practices with a good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles[GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• Knowledge and experience with word processing, spreadsheets, database, newsletter and electronic mail software Microsoft Office preferred
How to Apply
Closing date for all applications is 31st August 2017.
For more information and job application details, see; Heifer International Senior Accountant Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Kenya.