For: studies worldwide
Study in: a country of your choice
Non-doctoral graduate study only
The Native Leadership Scholarship (NLS) program creates educational opportunities for women around the world who are grassroots leaders, organizers and activists demonstrating financial need.
Women's Leadership Scholarship (NLS) invests in women's leadership and leadership development by supporting non-doctoral graduate education in human rights, sustainable development, and public health.
The Women's Leadership Scholarship (NLS) awards four to six scholarships per year, up to US$25,000 per academic year for a maximum of two years.
The awards help the recipients meet the costs of tuition, fees, books, educational supplies, housing, maintenance, and travel to and from the home country and the educational institution.
An eligible candidate is a woman leader from a developing country and/or a member of an indigenous tribe or group who;
1. Is committed to grassroots organizing and the needs of her community or indigenous group;
2. Has proof of a bachelor's or a higher degree;
3. Has at least three years of work experience dealing with critical human rights concerns, and other social, educational, environmental, health or economic conditions that threaten life or social stability, that discriminate, or that destroy or deplete her country's or community's resources;
4. Is accepted into a non-doctoral graduate program at an accredited university for full-time study/research related to her work experience;
5. Can show evidence of financial need for educational support;
6. Intends to return to her home country to work, utilizing training and research acquired in the study program.
Upto 6 Native Leadership scholarships are given per year.
For more information and scholarship application see; Women's Leadership Scholarship (NLS)