Scholarships for African Students
UNESCO Scholarship for Research in ICT
UNESCO Scholarships » ICT Scholarships » UNESCO Fellowships for Developing Countries
UNESCO Scholarship for Research in ICT, Peace and Environment for Developing Countries.
There are 20 fellowships available under UNESCO/Keizo Obuchi (Japan) Co-Sponsored Research Fellowships Programme, which aims “to support innovative and imaginative post-graduate research in the areas of development to which former Prime Minister Obuchi was committed and which coincide with areas of particular interest to UNESCO.”
Candidates from developing countries, especially least developing countries can apply for the fellowships to undertake research in the following domains:
- Environment (with particular emphasis on to Water Sciences);
- Intercultural Dialogue;
- Information and Communication Technologies;
- Peaceful Conflicts Resolution.
UNESCO Scholarship for Research in ICT - Eligibility Criteria
Applicants, a maximum of TWO from each applying National Commission, must meet the following general criteria:
- Candidates under this Programme must be post-graduate researchers, already holding either an M.A. or M.Sc. degree (or equivalent) and wishing to pursue research work abroad (preferably in their own region) with a view to enhancing knowledge in one of the four specific fields mentioned in paragraph D.1 below. Thus, those who are in the process of completing their Master’s degree must have completed it PRIOR to taking up their Fellowship.
- Candidates must be persons of high intellectual promise who may be expected to make significant contributions to their country on return.
- Candidates must be no more than 40 years of age. Thus, applicants born before 1 January 1970 will not be considered under the Programme.
- The selected Fellow must carry out the research under the auspices of an academic supervisor in a host institution. Confirmation of acceptance from the academic supervisor is imperative.
- Priority attention will be given to:
- Candidates from least developed countries (LDCs)
- Palestinian researchers
- Candidates must be proficient in reading and writing the language of instruction in the proposed country of study/research.
- Applicants must be in good health, both physically and mentally.
For more UNESCO scholarships application and information, UNESCO ICT scholarships application forms, see; UNESCO Scholarships for Research in ICT
» Undergraduate Scholarships
» African Women Scholarships & Grants
» Developing Countries Scholarships
» Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Developing Countries
» Fellowship Programs
» Funding Grants for NGOs
» Government Scholarships
» LLM Scholarships
» MBA Scholarships
» PhD and Masters by Research Scholarships
» Public Health Scholarships - MPH Scholarships
» Refugees Scholarships
» Research Grants
» Scholarships and Grants