MSc Scholarships for African Students
Africa Scholarships for Africans » Academic Scholarships for Africans » Africa University Grants
MSc Scholarships for African Students: The Mo Ibrahim Foundation has generously provided SOAS, University of London in UK, with three MSc scholarships per year for African students undertaking full‐time MSc programme in the field of Governance for Development in Africa.
The scholarship provides for Fees, for accommodation and living cost for the year.
Scholarships for Africans - Eligibility Criteria
- Domicile/Residency: Applicants must be domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country. Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub‐Saharan Africa.
- Eligible Programmes: MSc (Full‐time) undertaken by scholarship applicants must directly address or be applicable to the issue of Governance in Africa.
- Assessment: Scholarship candidates will be assessed based on their academic merit and references. SOAS is committed to accepting only those scholarship candidates who can demonstrate an ability to complete a MSc in one year.
In order to be considered for funding, applicants must first secure a place for the MSc by applying directly to the SOAS admissions office.
Once the place is secured, the applicants can apply for the scholarship. Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a panel consisting of SOAS academic members. The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application. Selectors will be looking at the following:
- Academic achievement and evidence of critical analytical capabilities;
- Supporting statement;
- Evidence of interest in and knowledge of linkages between governance and development
One year funding covers fees, accommodation and living cost for the year.
For more information and scholarship application materials, visit; MSc Scholarships for African Students
More; Scholarships for Africans » Academic Scholarships » University Grants