The Program supports graduate study in Japan for non-Japanese women who are enrolled in graduate degree programs at Japanese universities.
Scholarship Application Eligibility/Requirements:
1. Applicants must be non-Japanese, non-permanent resident women who will be enrolled in a degree program with a graduate school of a Japanese university.
2. Applicants must be residing in Japan at the time of application for study purposes.
All scholarship applicants are required to be living in Japan at the time of their application. They regret, therefore, that they are unable to accept any inquiries from outside Japan.
3. Applicants must have adequate ability in Japanese, as well as English.
4. Holders of scholarships greater than ¥1.0 million from any other scholarship foundation or from company scholarship programs (kigyo ryugaku) are ineligible.
Financial aid and awards from the university where the applicant will study are excepted from this limitation.
5. Former recipients of the awards and members of CWAJ are ineligible.
Application submission by e-mail is NOT available.
Completed applications must be mailed to:
CWAJ Scholarships Committee NJG Program,
For more information about the scholarship program, please send your inquiry in English or Japanese only to scholarship [at] cwaj.org