ZOA MEAL Coordinator Jobs in Uganda
ZOA MEAL Coordinator Jobs in Uganda
ZOA is an international NGO that inspired by Christian identity and biblical message of reconciliation and restoration of a broken world with its headquarters in the Netherlands. ZOA operate in fifteen countries on and on three continents. At ZOA we provide relief to people affected by conflict or natural disasters, contribute to a new perspective of hope in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the recovery of their livelihoods.
In Uganda, ZOA has offices in Kampala, West Nile (Arua), Acholi (Nwoya), and Karamoja (Amudat). ZOA Uganda works both in relief and recovery on the themes of food security & livelihoods, WASH, primary/accelerated/vocational education, and conflict management with a special focus on land security.
The Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator is responsible for leading and supporting assessments and operational research for contextual understanding, identifying opportunities, vulnerabilities, capacities and resources, deciding feasibility and setting priorities.
A key role will be to support the programme and technical staff in the development of design documents and logical frameworks that prioritize needs established during assessments and secondary data analysis. In addition to the daily responsibilities, the incumbent will help develop a MEAL system for ZOA Uganda. Assisting in developing data entry, storage, and analysis templates for project monitoring, and advising on analysis of project data using international tools and methodologies will be crucial tasks.
The MEAL Coordinator will also be conducting advanced statistical and qualitative analysis when required.
• To provide high quality support to field teams in the implementation of all ZOA Uganda’s MEAL activities;
• To assist project teams in developing data entry, storage and analysis templates and other MEAL tools and MEAL processes to assist with regular MEAL activities;
• To provide specific high quality technical assistance to enhance monitoring and evaluation during project implementation and close out;
• To track and update ongoing monitoring of project and programmes as needed;
• To conduct and support needs, vulnerability and capacity assessments;
• To advise on statistical and qualitative analysis of project data and conduct advanced analysis when required;
• To develop and uphold a coherent ZOA Uganda strategy for MEAL processes in line with internally accepted approaches/standards;
• To build capacity of ZOA Uganda staff specifically with focus on MEAL, accountability and learning;
• To support development and writing of proposals and reviewing of reports to donors;
• To represent ZOA Uganda externally in relevant meetings and consortia;
• To manage the knowledge on ZOA Uganda’s project interventions (incl. documenting lessons learned and best practices);
• To carry out any duty as assigned by the supervisor.
• In coordination with the supervisor and other Programme Quality Department team members, the MEAL Coordinator, actively participates in various technical and programmatic working groups/meetings and s/he networks with various external partner organisations such as consultants/evaluators as agreed with supervisor.Requirements You have a university degree in statistics, social sciences, economics or related field, with background in Monitoring and Evaluation/MEAL;
• You have at least 3-5 years professional experience (of which some preferably in a humanitarian emergency setting);
• Excellent spoken and written command of English.
• You have excellent formulation, writing, communication and facilitation skills;
• You are a good networker and like to interact with third parties;
• You are pragmatic and hands-on and can translate MEAL approaches and standards from paper into action on the ground.
• Flexibility, initiative and adaptability;
• Interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity;
• Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
• You fully support the mission, vision and Christian identity of ZOA.
How to apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates with the required qualification, experience, knowledge, skills, and attitude should send their applications to email@example.com .
Applications should only include the following: cover letter and an updated CV (with three professional referees) of which two must be 2 professional references, including your supervisor and the most recent/previous employer, and 1-character reference could be your pastor or priest.
Deadline: 18th October, 2019. Indicate only “Application MEAL Coordinator - Kampala” on the subject line. Qualified female candidates and or individuals with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written tests and oral interview(s).
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!