World Vision Program Development Unit Manager Jobs in Kenya
World Vision Program Development Unit Manager Jobs in Kenya
Purpose of the PositionThe Program Development Unit (PDU) Manager will lead in the development of quality programming, spearheading the design, documentation, monitoring and evaluation of project/program interventions for both rehabilitative/development and emergency programming.
He/she will provide strategic direction in the development of proposals and programs, spearheading scoping exercises in pursuit of new opportunities.
The position holder will serve as a key focal point with internal and external stakeholders with regards to grant acquisition, ensuring projects and programs are adequately resourced to achieve the National Office Strategy.
He/ She will also oversee the Partnership engagement function to build strategic partnership with various actors such as LNGOs, INGOs and government).
The position-holder will mentor a team of Program Officers, providing guidance in the design of proposals, provision of timely/quality reporting and positioning with donors/supporters with the aim of enhancing the reputation of the organization.
The position will coordinate engagement with UN cluster, WV and government forums, promoting regular attendance, coordination, information-sharing, and promoting WV leadership when possible.
He or she will promote the development of prepositioning and marketing materials to promote fund-raising. .
• Active coordination and participation of PDU in cluster forums, donor events and other WV programs related forums with key stakeholders such as technical leads and operation staff.
• Sector engagement strategies developed and implemented in collaboration with technical team.
• Achievements, lesson learnt and best practices of WVS was shared to both internal and external stakeholders in coordination, donor events and other WV programs related occasions by PDU.
• Donor strategies and emerging funding opportunities at overseas (support office), national and local level are traced with the support of TA and Operation team.
• Good working relationship with donors (bilateral & multilaterals, UN/NGO partners and support offices is maintained to cultivate influencing environment and seek out partnerships/ alliances with peer organization.
• Capacity of PO and key field-level staff in donor engagement and pre-positioning techniques enhanced.
• Support Partnering Coordinator to ensure scope and vet potential partners in good time to enable strategic partnership in pursuing opportunities and promote localization.
• Success stories are shared with communications and donors/ SOs to enhance the visibility of programming.
• Poor project progress, unsatisfied implementation quality and donor compliance challenge are flagged to both internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to QA, Ops Managers, and donors in a timely manner.
• WV Staff are aware of and able to implement policies and procedures that adhere to WV partnerships and donors regulations through capacity building, refreshing workshop and day-to-day guidance.
• RACI and strategy related to resource acquisition and grant management (i.e. proposal development, project kick-start, reporting) is developed in cooperation with key stakeholders to ensure smooth business process and minimize risk.
• Resource mobilization opportunities in alignment with WVS strategy and capacity are anticipated and pursued.
• Opportunities tracking and grant management tools are developed, maintained and improved to allow trends analysis and facilitate decision making/ donor engagement strategy formulation.
• Donor intelligence is gather through every possible channels through different stakeholders (i.e. TA, Ops), including but not limited to cluster meetings, donor events, engagement meetings, calls tracking.
• Efficient and effective proposal development process is in place in collaboration with Quality Assurance & Strategy, Finance, Tech Team Unit and external stakeholders, ensuring quality project design in pursuit of National Office strategic objectives.
• Project designs are of highest technical quality, incorporate learning, align WV/international standards, promote
integration and support program structure.
• POs are supported in the development of program designs and proposals/concept papers through collaborative and cross functional team approach to ensure proposals/ concept notes are of high quality and submitted on time.
• Learning, emerging innovations, and best practices from project evaluations, reports and research conducted internally and acquired externally from other agencies/ donors are applied new proposals and project design.
• Robust linkages and networks are established with key resilience actors and leading NGOs to gather donor intelligence and build collaborative relationship.
• Both narrative and financial reports are submitted in a timely fashion and are of the highest quality and standard.
• Best practice and success stories for learning and marketing purposes are identified and documented.
• Good quality staff are attracted, retained and developed in the organization.
• Effective line management and coaching to Program officer, ensuring a shared vision, team work, effective communication and active engagement in decision-making and coordination approaches.
• Effective people management systems are in place, monitored, and in-use.
• Staff grievances and disciplinary action are addressed in a timely manner in alignment with WV policy.
• An atmosphere of mentorships, especially for local Somali staff is cultivated.
Knowledge ,Skills and Attributes
• Degree in Development Studies, International Relations, Development Management or Degree in any relevant Social Sciences with experience in Program Development.
• At least 5 years’ experience in program design, monitoring and evaluation in a complex humanitarian context in a diversity of context and locations (global experience in at least two continents is preferred).
• Previous management experience of multi-cultural teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience in writing proposals, project documentation, reporting, program information for donors and the World Vision/partnership.
• Familiarity with institutional grant compliance and procedures (BHA, EU, GAC, DFAT etc.)
• Capacity to provide solid leadership and decision-making skills for efficient and effective program implementation.
• Strong problem solving, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work with different partners, local authorities, local organizations and NGOs, to develop and maintain positive relationships.
• Knowledge of humanitarian industry including sphere standards, HAP, NGO code of conduct and humanitarian charter.
• Experience in staff security and safety management for humanitarian organizations in complex and insecure environments is a must.
• Very strong organizational, management and communication skills.
• Strong writer with computer proficiency.
• Excellent English.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills.
• Must adhere to set security standards.
• Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work.
• Culturally sensitive in professional and personal life.
• Work environment: Nairobi based, but 35% field time.
• Travel: Domestic and international travel is required for this position. The position requires frequent travel to Somalia, a dynamic and often insecure context; when in Somalia accommodation is at team houses.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; World Vision Program Development Unit Manager Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.