World Bank Group HR Assistant, Client Services Jobs in Kenya
World Bank Group HR Assistant, Client Services Jobs in Kenya
DescriptionDo you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges.
The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development.
With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges.
Africa is a diverse continent brimming with opportunities. From clean energy and climate-smart agriculture to home grown digital innovations, African countries are accelerating their efforts to develop sustainably.
Home to a 1.2-billion-person market and the world’s largest free trade zone, Africa offers human and natural resources that have the potential to yield inclusive growth and wipe out poverty in the region, enabling Africans across the continent to live healthier and more prosperous lives.
Yet these vast opportunities are tempered by persistent gaps in education, health, and skills, which have Africa only reaching forty percent of its estimated potential. Moreover, conflict, food insecurity, population growth, and the disruptive forces of climate change threaten to curtail or hamper progress.
The recent realignment in Operations led to the creation of two Africa regions: West & Central and East & Southern, effective July 1, 2020. HRD VPU Senior Management made the decision to keep one HR Client Service Team (HRDC1) to serve these two Africa regions.
The combined two regions account for approximately 2,300 staff, mostly based in about 40 country offices, a total combined portfolio representing approximately 40% of the Bank’s business, and 50% of the Practice Managers decentralizing to the country offices; hence the need for effective HR support on the ground in the region.
The HR Client Service Team (HRDC1) offers customized and strategic HR partnership, support and solutions to the Africa region. These HR partnership and services are provided to HQ as well as country-based units.
In this regard, HRDC1 is seeking to recruit a Human Resources Assistant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya, and will partner closely with HR Business Partners and other HR Program Assistants in the delivery and flawless execution of HR products and services to HRDC1 clients.
The scope of the position is varied and demanding, encompassing a combination of some traditional HR client support functions as well as direct contributions to the objectives of the team.
The job requires ability to multitask working with multiple client groups, a high degree of judgment, initiative and flexibility, problem solving capability, patience, empathy, and teamwork.
Duties and Accountabilities
Key areas of responsibilities include:
• Respond to routine inquiries from client departments on HR programs and policies, in consultation with relevant HRBP.
• Support HR Business Partners in the delivery of key objectives and work programs including: human capital framework with a focus on annual Performance Reviews, Talent Management, the Strategic Staffing
• Monitor recruitment process for vacancies and bring issues to the attention of HR Business Partners for resolution.
• Review job descriptions, participate in shortlisting committees and interview panels as appropriate; draft interview reports and conduct reference checks as needed; provide guidance to hiring managers, if needed.
• Support HR Business Partners through research into policies and practices as well as retrieving historical data.
• Gather and compiles information and prepares standard and ad-hoc HR reports.
• Updates information contained in HR systems and ensures data accuracy (example:
• personnel records, staff moves transfers and promotions, compensation details, etc.).
• Prepare reports, briefs, or presentations to the team and or for guidance to clients
• Handle queries or requests from clients and research solutions and share the relevant information with parties concerned, after consultation with HRBPs
• Support the manager and the team on administrative duties
• High school diploma with 7 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
• Unquestionable and demonstrated ability to ensure total discretion, confidentiality and strong personal ethics
• Ability to articulate issues and recommend solutions to aid management in decision-making
• Proficiency in all HR Systems and Microsoft Windows applications, namely Excel, Word and Power Point
• Solid knowledge of core HR areas: compensation benefits; strategic staffing, learning and training; performance management, career development, staffing and recruitment, and case management
• Able to 'roll up sleeves'; has the flexibility to engage in all aspects of HR work, from identification of issues to implementation of solutions
• Strong oral and written communications and presentation skills, ability to translate data for a variety of audiences, and experience with preparing client-ready materials
• Great interpersonal skills
• Strong quality control orientation; attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
• Ability to build strong working relationships with counterparts across HRD and the World Bank Group
Seeks to acquire HR knowledge and skills beyond what is required for current job; seizes the opportunity to learn from new experiences and mistakes.
Acquires and shares information from a variety of sources, e.g., other staff, documents, online resources, etc.; identifies connections and relationships to find solutions and offer insight
Focuses on concrete information when drawing conclusions makes timely and appropriate decisions within own realm, seeking guidance from others when faced with ambiguity.
Understands and acts on WBG's ethical standards, acting with integrity, discretion and impartiality; proactively addresses problems and issues as they arise.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; World Bank Group HR Assistant, Client Services Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.